Basic Gunshot Wound Kit

Discussion in 'First Aid' started by EDCP-MIKE, Apr 9, 2012.

1. EDCP-MIKE

EDCP-MIKE
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member Charter Member

dmak and mctacticool like this.
  2. Thrasher

Thrasher
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Apprentice

Thanks for this. Many people don't see this as something you will need. This is one of those thing that you don't think you'll need, but you're grateful to have when you do need it.

mctacticool likes this.
  3. biffspagnuts

biffspagnuts
    Expand Collapse

I think I would substitute duct tape for some of that, but good stuff otherwise. That quick clot stuff is a good suggestion for any first aid kit.

mctacticool likes this.
  4. Troll Medic

Troll Medic
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Outstanding kit for gun toters! I would also include "gorilla tape" (duct tape on steroids), Make sure you check the "combat gauze" for the expiration date, and if you do have a hyfin dressing, make it two. Remember some wounds have an entrance AND exit wound. You have to completely seal them both to prevent a tension pneumo thorax (collapsed lung). But a very solid kit none the less!

mctacticool likes this.
  5. charliefox

charliefox
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

6. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I don't have a picture convenient, but I carry several. The one that's always on me (if I'm wearing shoes) is a SOF-T Wide in a US Palm ankle med kit (along with a bunch of other stuff). There's also a SWAT-T in it, but that's as a more compact pressure dressing, not as a TQ (seirously, try one out, they're a PITA to use). Since Vegas, I've been carrying a little supplimental gear on my other ankle, including a CAT. If I'm going to be around kids or pets, I almost always have a RATS as well. The trade-off there is that they'll go on smaller limbs but they're a lot more likely to cause permanent damage.

mctacticool likes this.