DDP Yoga

Discussion in 'Exercise And Nutrition' started by ThatLDK, Jan 23, 2018.

1. ThatLDK

ThatLDK
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Has anyone else used DDP Yoga?

I am currently on my third attempt on DDP yoga, now I know that does not sound like the best declaration in favor of the program. But those were my own faults.

4 years ago my now wife and I were doing the program and in 3 months I lost 50 pounds.then came Halloween and out big Halloween bash, I drank too much and lost the motivation, i gained it all back. and then some.

About a year and a half ago i tried again, lasted maybe 2 weeks. and got sick. So I stopped.

I am hovering close to 400 lbs now and I need to get it in to gear. So I started A week ago and I am pushing forward, along with the Yoga we are changing to a Organic, and Non GMO diet. We watched a couple of Doc's that made me scared to eat the food in front of me.

So far I am already feeling more flexible, I have more energy, and i an starting to see a change in my fitment of clothing. Not trying to advertise for them. I just thought it was an amazing system that has made a difference for me. I know there are people always looking for an option so I wanted to make sure I could help if possible.

dmak and Sharaz_Jek like this.
  2. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I didn't have a clue what this was when I saw it, but...well...Diamond Dallas Page doing Yoga might be fun.

I've had good experiences with just 'Yoga' in the past (one of the instructors at my KM school also taught yoga and a kettelbell/calesthinics class).

From doing a lot of research lately, it seems like the best way to actually lose weight, tone, etc. for general fitness is fairly simple...avoid sugar, don't eat all the time, and do something physical and relatively intense as a habit.

But having a system like that that you like is a huge part of it. I was never a wrestling fan, so that one doesn't really appeal to me. But, I can see the draw.

mctacticool likes this.
  3. ThatLDK

ThatLDK
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

You are right, we dropped non natural occurring sugars completely and i dropped 30 lbs in 30 days. But we are all sugar fiends by nature.If you don't think so watch the Documentary on Netflix called "Fed Up" it opens your eyes to things. But I can understand how people that were not a fan of wrestling may not find the draw to his program. But he does get people from all walks of life.

I would say at least watch the film The Resurrection of Jake the Snake. You don't have to have been a wrestling fan to appreciate this It shows taking someone at their lowest and getting them to a great place. It is a awesomely motivational and uplifting experience.

moostapha and mctacticool like this.
  4. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I don't really need another thing to watch. I've got nothing against pro wrestling...lord knows I watched enough choreographed fake-fighting things as a kid, just in different styles.

I did watch The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke at some point and really enjoyed it.

mctacticool likes this.