Finally found the perfect EDC pants.

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Kerberos, Apr 25, 2014.

1. A4VC

A4VC
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Hahahahahahaha

Ben Rubinstein and Kerberos like this.
  2. A4VC

A4VC
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Giving the Tru-Spec eclipse pants a go.

Ben Rubinstein likes this.
  3. kensington

kensington
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Journeyman

I have been wearing the LAPG Operator pants and shorts for almost 2 years now. Wearing in certain areas but for $20/pair totally worth it. Absolutely LOVE the pockets although it seems some of the pockets (front slits and cargo pass throughs) got slightly smaller with the latest version in last years restock. The D-rings (great for work badge on retractable carrier), front slit pockets (great for spare mag and phone) and pass throughs in the cargo pockets (perfect for knife and light) are awesome features. Ripstop has helped for some of the heavy wear areas (said cargo pass throughs) quick drying and pretty stain resistant (blood if wiped down fairly quickly) are great for a lazy guy like me. They have other features I don't really use like D-Rings and organization in the cargo pockets and drawstrings at the cuffs.

I was pretty surprised that I had not seen the style in other higher quality pants until I saw these https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/co...nt-5050rs-dark-arid-earth?variant=34715225482 which have even more features, like small loop on cargo pockets for small patches and a hidden pocket in the waist band. If I ever have any disposable income I will try a pair.

For $20 I say give the LAPG's a shot.

charliefox and mctacticool like this.
  4. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Just got an email from LA Police Gear, 25% off on Tru-Spec pants...

sk33tr and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  5. sk33tr

sk33tr
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

got the same email. wish i had some extra money...

Ben Rubinstein and mctacticool like this.
  6. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I'll say again that 5.11 Ridgelines solve basically all of my problems with carry. They're better than any cargo pants I've tried. More gear disappears into them, and no one has ever commented on them.

I still can't stand jeans. Way too hot in GA to wear jeans like 9 months out of the year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mctacticool likes this.
  7. twogunmojo

twogunmojo
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

test...

mctacticool likes this.
  8. colab

colab
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Apprentice

I mentioned earlier in this thread I bought some L.C. King (Pointer Brand). The trousers were ok. I thought they were a good made-in-the-USA alternative to the Carhartt I've been wearing most of the time. But I decided to return them because they were a bit tight. Only after reading L.C. King's website in the details, I found they claim "true sizing" and that most manufacturers use "vanity sizing." In other words, their labeled sizes are about one size smaller than everyone else's. I had made the mistake of buying the same size I usually buy. On the L.C. King website, most sizes are out of stock, including the one I actually needed.

When I returned the two trousers, I was a bit shocked to find the lowest the U.S. Postal Service would ship them for was $18.95. I had already paid $14.50 to ship them to me. Then I received an email from L.C. King that under their policy they would not accept the return, but that they would make an exception for me and offer a partial refund as a gift card. Their policy does not allow the return of garments that have been washed. I had washed the cotton trousers to check the fit after washing. I accepted the partial refund, but I'm not sure what I can do with it since they're out of stock on most sizes, including mine, not just on trousers, but on the jackets as well.

Compare my experience to buying on Amazon where I get free shipping and free returns. I've been an Amazon customer over 12 years. I've bought thousands of items, and returned hundreds. I buy everything from clothing, housewares, auto parts, toys, books, food, and tools, to toiletries. I've never had any real hassle or difficulty. On less than ten occasions they've missed refunding me or something similar that they quickly resolved with one call or online-chat.

The cost of shopping elsewhere makes Amazon seem like a monopoly.

#68 colab, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    dmak and mctacticool like this.