Flashlight Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights' started by EDCP-MIKE, May 17, 2015.

1. totemeca

totemeca
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

2. jgtisdale

jgtisdale
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Do you make your own shields? I see a lot of them and was wondering.

eng1nerd and WinonaRail like this.
  3. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Very nice picture. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ben Rubinstein, TFBraden and totemeca like this.
  4. totemeca

totemeca
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

glad you like it david!

Ben Rubinstein and TFBraden like this.
  5. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

My first review so please bear with me :wavespin:

I first bought this light a year ago and has carried it on my dutybelt ever since, i bought it specificly for use while at work.
    The P7QC gives 4 different colors of light (QC=QuadColor) for 4 very different purposes, it has 3 modes high-low-strobe in high it delivers 220lm, in low 40lm and strobe is well strobe, useless for my purposes.

White light we all know so i'm not really going to bother with that.

Blue light makes it much easier to find biological material, my specific need for this when i'm at a B&E or vandalism call i can imidiately check to see if the perp has left behind anything the police can come and collect for their DNA database, since i've bought it i haven't had single one of those calls.

Green light is where the human eye can see the most, i've used the green light on low for every dark indoor 'round' i've had to walk since i bought it, and can happily say that i feel i can see more on 40lm green than i can on 220lm white, i've also used it on outdoor rounds on high with great succes.

Red light saves on the human eyes ability to see in the dark, i've primarely used the red light when i have been in the dark for a while and just need a quick light to find something at the bottom of bag, it does what its supposed to do.

The P7QC uses 4 aaa batteries, and chews them up like crazy, so i would recommend putting some high quality rechargeables in it, which i havent yet.

other than that i'm pretty happy with it, would probably give 7,5 out of 10...
    [​IMG]

6. WinonaRail

WinonaRail
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Yes I do. I like the look and don't want to pay for Steel Flame jewelry on all my gear lol.

7. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Here, we have, from Left to Right: Olight M20-X, Fenix E50, and a Sunwayman V11-R (Please see Post #488 for this picture).

The M20-X looks super green, compared to the E50, next to it. I'm not sure which bin (they're both XM-L T6 lights); but the E50 looks so much more pleasant/warmer/neutral, and has a much more defined hot spot, with very generous spill. It's a great spotter, that can be used, with either 1, or 2 18650 batteries.

Here's a better picture of the E50 (Please see Post #449). It's the sixth from the left, in this picture, and is pictured in its 1-18650 format, with a 40mm diffuser that I received with a Nitecore EA4, installed.

The V11R...don't even get me started on that one. Nice XM-L2 1A tint (a decent bin, for sure); but the control ring froze up, and it's stuck on the high position. I babied that light. Very disappointing, considering how much I paid fore the light, and the extension tube, so I could use it with 14500 batteries.

I've had 2 Sunwayman lights fail me (that V11R, and a T20CS), so I'm kind of done with Sunwayman. I baby my lights, so for these to have failed me, was unacceptable. That was two, for two :-(.

This Nitecore SRT3 (Please see Post #490) has replaced the V11-R, and has all of the same capabilities, and many more, in a nicer quality light.

Once again I had pictures I wanted to add here, but I got some permissions message saying I did not have permission to access to access....save in-line...on this server..."

What's going on????

#487 david57strat, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  8. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Not sure why, but it worked, now...beam shots comparing the M20-X, E50, and V11R.

9. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    In this shot, the E50 is on the far right.

[​IMG]
    The E50 is pictured in its 2-18650 format. It can be used with a single 18650, for the same output, but shorter run times.

#489 david57strat, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  10. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Here is the Nitecore SRT3 (which easily replaced the V11R for features, and them some) - pictured on the right, next to a Nitecore EA11, and a Thrunite T10 warm. All three run on a 14500 battery, but can run on an ordinary AA battery, in a pinch.

The feel of the SRT3s control ring is much more solid and reliable than that of the V11R, and the light is maybe less than 1/2 inch taller. It also has red, blue, flashing red and blue emitters, beacon, and strobe. Without the extender, it'll also run on a CR123, or RCR123 (16340). Very versatile little light.

[​IMG]
    A more up front view of the trio. I really like stainless bezels. They're not just blingy, but offer a bit of extra protection to the head of the light - namely, the glass.

#490 david57strat, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  11. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    A little more charging action.

In the foreground: a pair of XTAR SV2 chargers, next to a pair of VC4 units.

That Zebralight SC62w (way on th4e lft) is long since, gone. I lost it. Broke my heart. It was a wonderful little EDC light. I used the SC600 Mk II L2, in its place, until I finally picked up an SC600w Mk III - superb light.

12. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Thanks for sharing this review!

TFBraden, eng1nerd and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  13. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Back when I only had six Solarforce hosts. I kind of went nuts with the effects lol.

14. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

"Normal" is over-rated. We're looked at like flashlight geeks, during ordinary times; but the first time there's a blackout or an emergency, we're the heroes.

Light fanatics, unite!

Ben Rubinstein and totemeca like this.
  15. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Some Solarforce lights, carried in a Maxpedition FR-1 bag. Works perfect for P60 lights!

16. totemeca

totemeca
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

amen brother!

17. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Your most welcome...

Ben Rubinstein likes this.
  18. Ben Rubinstein

Ben Rubinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

@david57strat do you have a collection of headlamps? I've been looking into the Thrunite TH-10 but am worried about getting the same sickly green tint of my Thrunite TN-12 (2014). You mentioned that you are a tint purist so I thought you might have an opinion on this?

TFBraden and david57strat like this.
  19. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

My headlamp "collection" (lol) consists of only two lights:

[​IMG]
    Left - Fenix HP25
    Right - Nitecore HC50

[​IMG]
    Here is a closer look at the HC50.

It's very nicely constructed. The button on the side is on/off, and cycles through all the modes, including dual red constant or flashing LEDs. When you change out the battery, the light built into the button blinks a certain numbers of times, indicating battery status.

You can swivel the light infinitely, for precise adjustment, with nothing to wear out. You can also tail stand the light easily, and it can be removed from the rubber mount, if so desired.

I really prefer the HC50. It's better constructed (all metal housing), and runs on a single 18650.

The HP25 runs on four AA batteries (I'm using Duracell Ion Core NiMhs). The battery pack is mounted to the back of the head strap, so it's kind of heavy and awkward, but effective enough, with its dual emitters (one for flood; one for spot) - and you can combine the output of both simultaneously.

Neither Fenix, nor Nitecore are known for having a lot of lights with neutral tints; but these were on sale, and I couldn't pass them up. I use the HC50 a lot more.

I would love to get my hands on an Armytek Wizard Pro V3 (Warm), as well as a Zebralight H600Fw Mk III (XHP35 - Floody) Neutral. When I'm working with headlamps, I'm usually looking at things very close up, so the floody feature is a plus. I really like Zebralight's user interface. It's very effective.

I hear what you're saying, when it comes to tints. My nephew has a TN12, cool white (I believe it's the 2014 edition), and is very pleased with it. If you're picky about tints you may prefer their warm white versions.

Here is a link I posted https://www.edcforums.com/threads/w...hlight-part-three.119042/page-96#post-2280166 on EDC Forums (It's Post # 1915), comparing the tints on my T10 Neutral and Cool White lights, with pictures, so you can judge for yourself. I really like their neutral tinted lights.

#499 david57strat, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    TFBraden, Nekolf and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  20. Ben Rubinstein

Ben Rubinstein
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Thanks for the information!

TFBraden and david57strat like this.