Flashlight Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Flashlights' started by EDCP-MIKE, May 17, 2015.

1. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

You're very welcome!

TFBraden and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  2. tommy2h

tommy2h
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Apprentice

[​IMG]
    Premier light pl15 and pl2.
    Picked these up from a friend who was selling them in bulk. I've been pretty happy with them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcrb, bigfoot, TFBraden and 1 other person like this.
  3. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

4. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Left to Right: Thrunite T10 cool white, T10 2014 Edition (?) Neutral White, and Solarforce L2P host, with B6 stainless bezel, and Sportac Triple Nichia 219B 2-mode.

I like these Olight holsters. They're the perfect size for a P60 light,m with side pockets for smaller lights, or 18650 batteries. Very convenient.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The cut-out on the bottom makes it possible to easily activate a light, to light your way across a floor (or whatever), without having to remove the light form its holster. I've used this countless times, when I need to see my immediate way, and still be hands-free.

Mcrb, locked-out, eng1nerd and 5 others like this.
  5. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Here is a Sipik SK68 - the cheapest light I own. I had read about it in a lot of budget light circles, and had to try it out. The focusing feature was kind of a nice novelty, but it quickly wore out, after a while, since there are so many lights that combine good spot and spill qualities, but are far more durable (waterproof, etc.).

Mcrb, locked-out, eng1nerd and 3 others like this.
  6. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Here is one of my P60 lights. It's a Solarforce L2 host, in gunmetal finish, with a Mountain Electronics XM-L2 T5 5D3 4-mode drop-in.

The P60 format allows you to interchange the drop-ins, at will, to use whatever drop-in suits your fancy, without having to buy a whole new light. It's easy to keep up with the latest LED offerings, this way, without breaking the bank.

The 18650 battery is one of the highest capacity batteries for flashlight use, and offers extended run times and excellent performance, in a reasonably sized battery. This battery can be charged hundreds of times, and doesn't suffer the memory effects that older Nickel Cadmium batteries used to. You can just top off the battery, whenever you feel like it.

[​IMG]
    This picture is for size comparison, between AA batteries on the left, and the 18650 battery, on the right. This is an older picture. There are 3500 mAh batteries available, now. I don't really use alkaline batteries any more, but am still using those Eneloops, and Duracell Ion Core AA 2550 mAh NiMhs, in my AA lights.

[​IMG]
    Not my greatest battery picture, but these really easy to find in most any Walmart, and work very well, in place of the dreaded alkaline batteries. They're far better, all the way around (more economical, in the long run; better performance with high draw devices like flashlights; low self-discharging, so they hold a charge for a long time; and more environmentally friendly. Oh, and they never leak, like alkaline batteries often do, unexpectedly.

#506 david57strat, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  7. squarebox

squarebox
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Massdrop Lumintop Tool brass edition has just arrived. It's simply beautiful! With the normal L-M-H interface, it now feels more natural as compared to the Ti version.

Changes to the brass edition:
    Normal L-M-H interface
    High polish finish
    Heavier
    Knurling arent barely useful (probably dull it from the polishing process)
    Simply gorgeous (cant wait for it to patina naturally) [Wabi Sabi]

Mcrb, eng1nerd, TFBraden and 5 others like this.
  8. jgtisdale

jgtisdale
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Finally got a nice light worthy of showing off. Man these things are BRIGHT!!

locked-out, Mcrb, eng1nerd and 4 others like this.
  9. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

This is the original Fenix E15. 130 lumens, 3-mode.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nice floody beam. It's particularly useful for looking into tight spots.

[​IMG]
    On the left - Fenix E15 2nd edition (170 lumens)
    On the right: Fenix E15 2016 Edition

I had purchased the previous two versions of this light, and had been impressed with the output, for such a small light. The nice, floody beam was very usable, and a light of this form factor was easy to squeeze into really tight spots, where other lights just wouldn't fit.

The newer model (on the right) is the first of the series that actually supports the use of a 16340 battery, and offers up 450 ANSI lumens, on turbo - very impressive, for such a minuscule light.

They've widened the head just a bit, and there seems to be a lot smoother thread action, and more travel, before the head comes off (less prone to accidental loss). Way to go, Fenix. I was wondering when you were going to offer up some lithium ion-ready super compact lights.

Mcrb, eng1nerd, TFBraden and 5 others like this.
  10. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Left to right: Fenix E15 2016 Edition, Zebralight SC600w Mk II L2, EagleTac DX30LC2

[​IMG]

The Eagletac DX30LC2 - was my most recent EagleTac purchase, if I recall correctly.

My first purchase in the EagleTac line, was their D25LC2 - which I loved. Everything about this model is greatly improved. The XP-L Hi V3 (cool white) emitter is a fantastic thrower, for a light of this size. This model added a side button, for cycling through modes, with direct access to turbo, or low mode. The side switch doubles as a battery charge status indicator, as well. I love the rear switch (gives me a momentary option).

I am not crazy about the clip-on clip (I prefer screwed-on clips, or those of their other models, where the clip is held in place in between the actual body of the light, and the tail cap switch, tightened in with a retaining ring. Those clips feel extremely solid; but I holster carry this one, so that's not really an issue. I oriented the clip, so that it was in-line with the side switch, to more easily find the switch, in the dark.

[​IMG]
    Here's what I'm talking about, as regards the clip. The Eagletac P20C2 (on the bottom, in this picture) has the clip firmly mounted under the threads of the tail cap. There is a retaining ring that holds it in place, then the tail cap goes over that. Extremely solid clip. It'll almost tear your pants up, it's so snug lol. No possibility of losing the light, with this clip, though.

Mcrb, TFBraden, Kerberos and 3 others like this.
  11. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

12. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    These are the only lights I own, that have control rings.

Leff to right: Sunwayman V11-R (stuck on high position, the control ring won't budge :-(; Nitecore SRT3 (superb replacement for the V11-R), Jetbeam RRT-1, and ThruNite TN30 triple emitter. Once referred to as the "Flood King".

I'm pretty sure some other light now holds that title, but it's still a hell of a flooder.

Now - if only it were in neutral, rather than cool white.

Mcrb, TFBraden, Kerberos and 2 others like this.
  13. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]

Anyone remember this Duracell Durabeam 2AA light, from the mid-Eighties...?

[​IMG]
    Don't let the picture fool you. The way I exposed this, the picture makes it look considerably brighter than it actually is. It was a pretty cool light, in its time, though. I'm guessing this is from the Mid-Eighties...?

I actually had one of these, many years ago. This one is my Dad's. I have no idea why he saved it. He has a Fenix E40, right next to it, on his night stand lol.

Mcrb, Kerberos, totemeca and 3 others like this.
  14. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Far left: Fenix TK51. Interesting, dual dedicated emitters (one for throw, one for flood, and they can be combined).

Center: Jetbeam WL-S4. This is a really effective flood light, in a nice neutral MT-G2 tint.

Right: An old Maglite 2D, which I upgraded with a Malkoff XP-G2 R5 emitter. I like to use Tenergy Centura D NiMhs in this one. I keep it in my car, along with a stock Blue 2D LED Mag, and a Fenix E40.

I replaced the crappy plastic lens on the Mag, with a nice Borofloat glass lens (although I'm pretty sure I did that after I took this picture). Way better light transmittance. Can't stand plastic flashlight lenses, any more.

[​IMG]

Mcrb, eng1nerd, TFBraden and 4 others like this.
  15. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Cheesy iPhone picture - but the concept was there :). Numerous Solarforce units. The one, that's laying down and lit up, is a Black L2P, with stainless bezel, and a Sportac Triple Nichia 219B 2-mode drop-in. It's one of my favorite lights.

That one has, since, been upgraded with a stainless S12 forward clicky switch, an A001 bezel, and a Surefire 6P body, bored for 18650 batteries.

eng1nerd, TFBraden, Kerberos and 2 others like this.
  16. bigfoot

bigfoot
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Wow, that brings back some memories! :)

17. totemeca

totemeca
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

i remember this one!
    hmmm... that makes me old...

Ben Rubinstein and david57strat like this.
  18. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Left to Right: EagleTac D25LC2 (cool white), T10LC2 (cool white), and MX25L3C (triple Nichia 219B - neutral white)

When I took this picture a while back, I didn't realize the lights would look like they're kind of floating on air. Funny.

19. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    A small assortment of the 18650 lights in the flashlight army. This picture was taken, a while back, with my iPhone.

eng1nerd, TFBraden, Kerberos and 2 others like this.
  20. david57strat

david57strat
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]
    Nitecore EA11, running on a 14500 IMR battery. I'm using an Efest in that one, now .

Mcrb, eng1nerd, TFBraden and 3 others like this.