Goruck gr2 34l or gr1?!

Discussion in 'Bags & Packs' started by Donald Bulgrin, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Donald Bulgrin

Donald Bulgrin
    Expand Collapse

I have both packs which I think are great but I'm torn because I think the gr2 is a little more comfortable but I like the gr1's size. Does anyone else think the gr2 34l fits better than the 26l gr1 or is it just in my head?

2. smcguirt

smcguirt
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Journeyman

May be in your head both are the same size height wise only difference is the additional front compartment on the gr2.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mctacticool likes this.
  3. bigfoot

bigfoot
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Kinda depends on what your needs are. Used to have a GR1 26L here, and briefly tried a GR2 34L. The GR2 was way overkill for any sort of daily use, short of maybe one-bag traveling.

FYI, Goruck did change the overall shoulder strap design a couple of years back. There used to be a separate piece of webbing coming out of the upper portion (back side) of the packs -- and that was box-stitched to the shoulder straps. Recently they eliminated that, and now the straps are sewn directly to the pack itself.

Personally, the older style seemed a little more comfortable, and gave some flexibility over the shoulders. Not sure how your GR1 and GR2 are sewn, but that could be part of it.

Heavyduti and mctacticool like this.
  4. Heavyduti

Heavyduti
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I had the 34L but didn’t find it as good (for me) as the GR1 or the larger GR2. Too much extra weight and too many zippers for the minimal advantage of the increased volume.

By the way, I just took the 2 to Cuba twice in the last month; there’s no doubt it’s a great travel bag and it gets no notice from any authorities or passersby that I could see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 Heavyduti, Jan 19, 2018 at 11:39 AM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018 at 7:35 PM
    bigfoot likes this.