How do you commute and what do you carry?

Discussion in 'Vehicle EDC' started by whichway, Jun 7, 2012.

1. whichway

whichway
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

I ride a bike everywhere I go. If I'm on dirt/road I ride a Trek if it just on roads I have a tricked out old Softride. My carry items are a frame pump, one or two water bottles, leatherman, iPhone 4 (my new toy), pen, small note pad, $5 bill, road I. D. wristband, extra tube and a patch repair kit.

2. Coyote

Coyote
    Expand Collapse
    Only Believe

3. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I don't commute so much because I have one of those fake internet jobs and am starting up a business that I'll do from home for the time being.

But, when I do go places, I drive my 2015 forrester. Most of the stuff in it is pretty normal, some goes into the realm of insane...

Off the top of my head...

Trauma Kit holding stuff for major bleeds, amputation, pneumothorax, etc..

First aid kit (ITS booboo kit) for little things, largely because there's enough space so why not?!

A fire extingnuisher, tire repair kit, jumper cables, map, etc..

A BOLT bag with some empty space (for the med kits, mostly), a good bit of water, an insulation and rain layer, a hat, battery backup, and a copy of the same mags I carry on body (loaded, obviously).

A toolkit including a few less-universal things like a respirator, goggles, pry bars, chains.

And a locked/chained container with some more ridiculous stuff, typically a shotgun and around 30 shells that are convenient enough to load and canbbe added to my on body carry or armor setup. It also has enough empty space to keep armor and an sbr or AR pistol relatively secure. For the most part, though, if I'm traveling with that stuff, it's accessible from the driver's seat.

There are a few other incidentals and the stuff my wife leaves around and never cleans up.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

4. stbob

stbob
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Apprentice

The flagship of my fleet, a BMW R1200GSA...
    [​IMG]

Keep it under cover, out of sight, out of mind...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Gopro mounted on my helmet in the hopes of avoiding any my word against yours moments. Also commuting among aggressive city drivers is inherently dangerous, amazing how much more courteous some drivers become when they realize they're on camera...
    [​IMG]

A small lock & cable to secure my helmet and sometimes jacket to the bike when not in use. The gopro attaches with a quick connection, so the gopro will go into my bag when not in use...
    [​IMG]

A bunch of miscellaneous tools, some spare oil, a basic first aid kit and usually some water in case of minor emergencies...
    [​IMG]

During hot weather, to avoid the kick stand from sinking into hot pavement and bike possibly tipping over, a kick stand pad comes in handy...
    [​IMG]

I don't want to forget the kick stand pad, nor do i want to bend over to pick it up, a spare bungee or a string attached to the bike solves this dilemma...
    [​IMG]

A disc brake wheel lock makes it more difficult for a thief to easily roll the bike away. This particular disc lock model used to have an alarm that was activated by any movement. The alarm was too sensitive for my taste, so i removed it. As with my kick stand pad, its even more important to not forget and ride off with it still attached to the wheel...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This bag is my all time favorite duffel bag ever since i first acquired one back in the day during the marlboro miles promo. This isn't my original bag and i've quit smoking ages ago but whenever i'm in need of a new bag, these can be easily found on a popular auction site for a good price...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's about it for my daily short commutes. In the coming days, i'll update this post with some pics of the bike's edc aimed at longer tours of duty...
    [​IMG]