Jackets... What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Sharaz_Jek, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Sharaz_Jek

Sharaz_Jek
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

Since it's winter season I thought I'd start a what are you wearing jacket thread.

Alpha Industries CWU 45... Perfect jacket if you drive for a living. The inside document pocket is perfect for a cell phone and the pockets are cavernous. Not the most warm jacket in the world, though. If it gets below 20ᴼ F / -6ᴼ C I opt for my North Face flight jacket.

[​IMG]

dmak and mctacticool like this.
  2. dmak

dmak
    Expand Collapse
    into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
    Staff Member Global Mod

When it comes to jackets I've become a little snobby. Let me rephrase that, when it comes to EDC, I'm snobby. I've learned that some higher priced items are actually worth it. Currently I have 4 winter jackets and all of them are Arc'Teryx. The first is perfectly and they are truly design for heavy backcountry use while being as light as possible

-Base Layer - Arc'Teryx Fortrez hoodie
    -Mid Layer - Arc'Teryx Cerium LT Down Jacket
    -City outer layer - Arc'Teryx Gamma MX Jacket
    -Mountain Outer Layer - Arc'Teryx Rush Jacket

mctacticool and Sharaz_Jek like this.
  3. sk33tr

sk33tr
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

for winter, i wear the 5.11 aggressor parka. i usually wear only the inner fleece part, unless i'm going to to be outside for an extended period and it's windy, raining/snowing, or both. then, i'll put on the outer layer.

it is pretty dang warm and has 2 LARGE inside pockets where i keep my wallet and fleece cap (left side), and phone (right side). the hand pockets are also large. the hand pockets on the outer shell are big, too, and i keep my cold-weather gloves in there at all times (unless i'm wearing them, of course). it has a stowable hood on the outer shell, but i usually have a fleece cap on so i've never actually used it. i guess if i was out in some driving rain/snow or it was very windy and cold i might take it out to give some protection to the back of my neck. but the collar comes up high enough to offer some good protection against at least the wind. but driving rain/snow i might use the hood for extra protection.

http://www.511tactical.com/aggressor-parka.html

the color i got is tundra (sort of a dark, wooded green). i like the color, but i WISH it came in more than 2 colors. i would've liked to have had it in a dark gray or black (preferable dark gray). but i do like the green.

mctacticool and Sharaz_Jek like this.
  4. Sharaz_Jek

Sharaz_Jek
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

When my Condor Softshell wears out I may pick up the 5.11 Aggressor. I've had that Condor one for at least seven years and it's still going strong. My Condor Microfleece has seen better days though.

My North Face flight jacket. Much warmer than the Alpha CWU-45. Sadly, I don't think they make these anymore.

[​IMG]

sk33tr and mctacticool like this.