Mctacticools Gear and Ramblings

Discussion in 'Personal EDC' started by mctacticool, Sep 4, 2015.

1. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Since i am well and truly inspired by everyone elses EDC, then here comes mine.

[​IMG]

1. Leather-folio for work-id's (1 from employer and 1 from the police)

2. Secrid card holder with rfid block

3. Paracord bracelet gifted to me by my fiancé, she made it herself

4. Casio mcw-100h-1a2vef wristwatch, it tells time and date and has a stopwatch, just a basic no-nonense watch

5. Led Lenser torch, got it second hand so no info on it

6. Puma-tec slipjoint knife

7. Keyring with car and housekey, and a 'luckycoin-thingie' given to me from littlesister, one side reads 'dearest brother' and the other side reads 'you are more then just my brother, you are also my friend and you will always have a special place in my heart' this in particular means a lot to me, she's 16 years younger then me and since our mom and her dad broke up 6&7 years ago they have been fighting over custodity and i chose to stand by my sister wich has caused me to be excluded from my own family

8. A shemagh, depending on weather and temperature

9. Not pictured is the iPhone 5s used to take the pictures

So thats it for now, let me know what you think, suggestions for improvements are also more the welcome

-Michael/mctacticool

2. ThatLDK

ThatLDK
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

I like the Watch you have its a great option. I personally use a Pebble Smart watch, i have also carried a para-cord bracelet, however in my line of work I have found it to be a little bit cumbersome and i can not get used to wearing it. I make the bracelets as well so i have been experimenting with many designs and thicknesses of the cord. But nice EDC Pocket dump!

Patrick87, ManVsLawn, Citoman and 3 others like this.
  3. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

@ThatLDK, thanks man, i was thinking about a smart watch, but i dont think k will use the smart-features enough to justify buying one, and then again i work as a security patrolman so i need stuff to be durable in case i get in a jam and need to fight my way out, i do deal with some gang-bangers and a lot of eastern-european homeless people living on the streets of Denmark...

Nekolf, Patrick87, QuodErat and 8 others like this.
  4. Lou_G

Lou_G
    Expand Collapse
    Fratris mei custos sum.
    Staff Member Global Mod

Good on you for standing by your sister. You are doing the right thing, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Nekolf, Patrick87, QuodErat and 6 others like this.
  5. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

I will allways and at any cost stand by my sister, when i found out myself that our mother has been non-stop lying to me, manipulating me and stealing from me my whole life, the decision i made became very easy...

The conflict-level around my sister came to a level so high that authorities had to place her in a child-care facility simply because it was the only legal way to create a safe and non-conflict area around, so this summer has been really tough emotionally on all of us, i'm even tearing up as i'm writing this...

marB, Nekolf, Patrick87 and 8 others like this.
  6. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Thinking its time for an update, here's my duty belt i carry when i work. [​IMG]

The belt is from Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement, with inner and outer belt, wich attach to each other with hook & loop, i also use belt keepers.

The contents of the belt[​IMG]

1. Leather gloves with kevlar lining, just for 'taking care of bussiness', if i need to manhandle someone away from private property i use these for personal protection purposes. I carry these horisontally attached with a velcro-strap

2. In a uncle mikes gloveholder i carry a pair of rubbergloves, just in case of blood and other body-fluids

3. In a leather case, a pair of handcuffs, for restraint purposes.

4. Mini MagLite (aa-version), it sits snugly in a Mini MagLite belt carrier from Uncle Mikes, the torch is upgrated with the Nite-Ize kit wich includes tail-cap swith and led, this torch is only for back-up normally i use the LedLenser pictured earlier in the thread

5. Multitool from Bosch, i only use the pliers and screwdrivers on this thing, it does the job but i am looking for a bladeless multitool

6. Willumsen World Legal slipjoint knife, both knife and multitool is carried in a dual magasine molle pouch from mil-tec

Not pictured is a small keyring with handcuff key and a specialty tool for opening key-boxes at alarm-customers.

Let me know if you have questions..

-Michael/mctacticool

#6 mctacticool, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  7. Gallows

Gallows
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

Nice looking setup. What brand of gloves are those?

Patrick87, ManVsLawn, Citoman and 2 others like this.
  8. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

I have no idea, will check up on it for you...

Patrick87, ManVsLawn, Citoman and 3 others like this.
  9. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

The label just says 'Strathe Security' but thats the store i bought it in...[​IMG]

10. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

So after a period of stress, getting fired and finding a new job it was time to update my work bag since i went from vehicle based patrol security to stationary security on construction sites, refugee centers and an abondend hospital.

Before i have used a topopening patrolbag from the scandivian chain Biltema, this bag was good because it gave acces to everything while placed in the drivers seat fast forward to new job functions and a different bag was required so this no name 'hunting rucksack' came out of storage:
    [​IMG]
    On the exterior i have mounted a molle 'walkie pouch' from Tasmanian Tiger, because in my field one never knows what jobs requires radios and what doesnt.

Inside the bag i have the following:
    [​IMG]

Handlotion and handsanitizer

Spare set of handcuffs

Plastic box containing: spare batteries, velcro straps, uv light and pen set, small wrench(the adjustable kind, dont know the correct english word for it) large splitring and various zipties.

A 'tommestok' foldable ruler with max length of 2 meters

2 huge zipties

A roll of ducttape

Personal notebook on top of witch sits a tactical pen, a ifrogz pen with stylus and a minimaglite modded with a nite ize led and tailcap switch.

Notepad for those interrim and eventually throw away notes.

Tasmanian Tiger pouch with first aid kit

A couple of car magazines

Laptop and powersupply

A thermus wich i got as a x-mas gift in a security operators work union

The red flare gets moved from work bag where it was used before in the patrol car to my personal car wich now from time to time has to function as 'work-vehicle'

Then i forgot this: [​IMG]

Acoustic headset for my phone, sends a very different signal than the apple iphone headset

Oh and now some of my security jobs are going to be as 'plain clothes operator' so some adjustments to my kit will probably be made as i gain experience on what works and what doesnt...

11. SILVERHAWK

SILVERHAWK
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I like your gear bro, can i ask what the purpose of the red flare is?

12. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Sure you can, when i did security patrols used when i parked at inconvenient locations with regards to traffic and parking enforcement agencies, now i have placed in my own car if i need when driving around while on duty at construction sites and such... Oh and if i have a roademergency it is way more visible than a reflective warning triangle...

marB, Nekolf, Citoman and 6 others like this.
  13. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

And thanks to all for each and every single like

marB, Nekolf, Citoman and 6 others like this.
  14. BOOM!

BOOM!
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I have those same gloves!

They were a little bit tight though, so I separated the leather layer from the cut-proof layer and use the cut-proof layer with some other gloves now.

It's been a while since I got mine and I'm not sure if they are the exact same pair but these might work for you @Gallows: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Soft-Cowhide...257698?hash=item210a54e962:g:v-wAAOSwB4NWxfCf

I only learned about your silly Danish knives laws after I got back from your country, but it appears I was taking some risk by using my Enzo Birk 75 in public everywhere. Would it be ok to carry a small fixed blade in public instead though?

15. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

As a general rule, no fixed blades are not allowed as edc, however they are allowed with specific purposes such as fishing, hunting, picnics and such, but then one would have to go directly from home to the activity and home again...

As it is now edc knifes are as follows: max 7cm blade, two hand opening and non-locking...

marB, ManVsLawn, Nekolf and 5 others like this.
  16. Patrick87

Patrick87
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

Damnit. That even makes my LionSteel Skinner forbidden (Blade length: 7,2cm :()

17. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Yep, the politicians is working on a new knife-law in order to stop the silly cases where people have been acting in good faith and in compliance with the law and has been convicted of 'illegal carrying of knife' so i should have news on this before the summer... But i am sceptic about how it turns out...

18. BOOM!

BOOM!
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Thanks for the reply.

Last time I visited Denmark I was just traveling through your country by train on my way to Sweden for a back-packing trip. I probably won't be coming through your country again until next summer, so fingers crossed then.

I feel for you guys though :(

19. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Me too, all of this knife-crazyness and restrictions for law abiding citizens because an italian tourist got stabbed and died during a drug-buy...

marB, ManVsLawn, Citoman and 4 others like this.
  20. MangeD750

MangeD750
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Here ( Sweden) the knife laws are ridicoulus too, here we cant even edc a knife.... but they're gonna remake the knifelaw somewhat to todays standards. Almost everybody carries a small blade today or similar...

Here in the northern parts i have the forrest in my backyard, so its not that hard on the knifelaw.... i carry a leatherman daily and a Fallkniven A1 in my backpack. :)

Sent from my S6 Edge+

marB, ManVsLawn, Citoman and 5 others like this.