Mctacticools Gear and Ramblings

Discussion in 'Personal EDC' started by mctacticool, Sep 4, 2015.

1. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

I'd like that... My usual music taste is country, rock and metal...

moostapha and dmak like this.
  2. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Whent christmas shopping with the mrs today, got most of the presents squared away...

Had lunch at Ikea, swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes... My favorite Ikea meal...

[​IMG]

Politicaly incorrect me laughed way to hard at this
    [​IMG]

I guess someone thaught 'persian style carpets equals camels'... Well there is camels in Persia so i don't consider this racist...

3. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Had pizza for dinner and thats where i learned that i can't turn my back to this little rascal...

[​IMG]

4. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Thanks for the driveby @dmak...

Ben Rubinstein likes this.
  5. dmak

dmak
    Expand Collapse
    into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
    Staff Member Global Mod

No prob. I'm off the internet for like a week and find another 5 pages of content in your thread. Had to catch up.

I was a Protographer for about 2 years. I started in film and quickly jumped in the digital bandwagon. Makes me sick to think I paid $3k for a 4 megapixel camera back then.

Started off in high fashion and glamor. I worked for a small ATL Magazine at the time, Jezebel, and learned that I did not like working for a publication. Packed that in and moved to event photography. I actually like taking pictures at weddings. One thing I have learned is that weddings usually have very little organization and I typically had to take charge of the event management because almost inevitably the pictures are the of most important aspects of a wedding. I have no problems taking control of a chaotic situation, bossing people around and maintaining order. Sheeple, I mean people like having someone else take charge.

Once the $500 dslr hit the market, it got tough to compete with the GWC's (guys with cameras). I won't whore myself out as a protog for $10/hr.

That leads me to now, I no longer have a dslr, but I do have a Canon g12 which is amazing. I only shoot for myself now, and sadly it is typically with my smartphone.

Just last week I brushed the cobwebs off my old film equipment and am starting to shoot film and develop again. Made a basic dark room in the man cave and am going to shoot film all next year. I'm wanting to revert back to it and go away from digital.

Everyday I see myself becoming more and more analog and running away from the digital era

6. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

I'm using the first digital canon rebel dslr, got a coupel canon film slr's as well... Last year the mrs got me an Instax Mini 70 camera, shoots polaroids, thats actually quite impressive and pushes the creative thinking...

7 or 8 years ago i actually started a protog bizz to work side by side with my security work because my (now hated) mom shanghaied me and the mrs into taking pics of my littlesisters kindergartens 50th birthday... Invested a lot, sold absolute nothing, personal life happened and i closed it down...

The thing about shooting events, its a hell of a lot more fun if you don't have to attend as a guest simultaniously...

For a while i considered doing news photo's, you know policescanner, camera, car and sell to the media as a freelancer but the police here moved to a tetra based radiosystem which is encrypted so that didn't happen...

Ben Rubinstein, moostapha and dmak like this.
  7. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Yeah...you probably won't like it. But, it's worth a shot.

Somehow, I don't. At least not with music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmak and mctacticool like this.