My GOOD rig.

Discussion in 'Vehicle EDC' started by Troy, May 15, 2017.

1. Troy

Troy
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I had our eyes opened about 8 years ago by a close friend. We have since methodically moved towards being completely self sufficient and in fact indispensable should we face economic and social collapse. At the time we both had modified C6 Corvettes. We found a large 11 acre plot of land in the mountains in TN that we hoped to slowly transition to in the future. We also sold our Corvettes... partly because I was injured on duty and had several neck surgeries. My truck is about done now. It's a 2009 4x4 crew cab Duramax diesel. It makes 500+ hp on the high tune, but it will run just fine on Bio diesel in the low tunes. All of the emissions equipment and problematic crap has been removed or upgraded. It has a 52 gallon titan tank providing ample fuel should we need to head up to TN. Although we have faced our own SHTF scenario in which I faced corruption and almost unimaginable circumstances from the Law Enforcement agency that employed me when I was injured, we let our faith lead us and we met with substantial success.
    Construction begins in June on our 3200 sq ft cabin.
    [​IMG]
    I retrofit 2 sets of HID projectors into the stock headlights and have a 3rd set it the foglights. I didn't want the obvious lightbars all over the place. I can nearly see the future! 33" Cooper ST PRO mud tires.
    [​IMG]
    Packed up for the range

mctacticool likes this.
  2. Troy

Troy
    Expand Collapse

I did enjoy a little bit of the money I received for my 3 years of torment and mistreatment though
    [​IMG]

mctacticool likes this.
  3. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Sorry to hear about the 'line of duty' accident, hope everything turned out for the better ??

And second, thats a badass truck you got there... Been lusting for a pickup myself but they're crazy expensive in my corner of the globe... Last i checked it would be cheaper for me to grey-import a used but low mileage tundra than buying a used +200.000 miles hilux...

Troy likes this.
  4. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

And nice 'vette...

Troy likes this.
  5. Troy

Troy
    Expand Collapse

Thank you mctacticool. Things worked out and the experience brought my wife and I much closer. I graduated this semester Magna Cum Laude and I was accepted into my first choice for PA school. I may go to Med School afterwards, but PA's are in very high demand and are pretty much becoming the "general practitioners". None of this would have been possible were it not for the reprehensible behaviour and outlandish attacks that my agency directed at me to try to get out of caring for one of their own. Would it not have happened I would still be there hating every day and wondering what I could've / should've been.
    Diesels are always expensive. I got this one as kind of a favor and paid about 10k below blue book. It's paid off with only 68k on the clock. Probably won't ever sell it. Our new home isn't really Corvette inaccessible
    [​IMG]
    The entrance
    [​IMG]
    The view

mctacticool likes this.
  6. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Yeah i'm not in the US so PA is gonna need some explanation... But beautiful place you got there... And you can trailer the vette in and out if you don't want to sell it...

Troy likes this.
  7. Troy

Troy
    Expand Collapse

PA is physician assistant. It's a 2 year program where they pack in about 80% of what you would get in Med School. Big difference is that once you graduate you can begin working making about 100k on average. If you specialize you can make nearly double that. I plan to specialize in a surgical capacity or anesthesia. Skills that will make me indispensable should chaos become the new norm.

Ben Rubinstein and mctacticool like this.
  8. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

That sure beats my 60k a year working private security... It sounds like a good way to go...

Troy and Ben Rubinstein like this.
  9. Troy

Troy
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't given the option of going into anything involving any potential physical conflict. Which is kind of funny because I'm pretty physically capable looking LOL! I'll have another 6 years invested in school before I get my PhD though... That's alot of opportunity cost not to mention the student loans

mctacticool likes this.
  10. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

8 and a half years in and the physical altercations i've been in can be counted on one hand...

Kind a forgot you guys have to pay for education... Overhere its payed via our enourmous taxes...