Prepper/Survivalist Expo

Discussion in 'EDC Events' started by nolaradio, Jan 17, 2017.

1. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

For those in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge areas, you may be interested in this. Got a Groupon offer in my email today. I may go check it out. My weekends are pretty busy. I'll have to check later to see if I have anything planned already that weekend in March. The official website doesn't have any vendor info. that I can find. But even if sucks, there's still Cablea's next door to the expo center that I could visit.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/natio...-429d-aa1a-93cc9bbe94e9_0_20170117_treatment2

2. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I plan to make it there on Sunday morning with the son. There's a meeting of the Louisiana Shooting Association next door at Cabela's the same morning too. Not sure which I'm going to hit up first. Might just miss the meeting.

3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Did you make it to the expo? I couldn't catch a ride and the dr wouldn't release me to drive to BR
    Just curious was it worth the trip.

4. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Wasn't impressed. I'll try to post more thoughts later today when I get off work.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Frankenstein likes this.
  5. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Well... there was about 60 booths there. Sounds like a good amount but there wasn't much of a crowd and my sone and I were able to walk the whole thing within 20 minutes of entering. The way I usually attack these things is to go around and see everything real quickly at first and make mental notes of what caught my eye. I then go back and check things out more closely. I really only went back to check out one or two booths.
    I found the most interesting booth to be a Four Sevens dealer. I was able to put my hands on a few models of their lights. They were pretty impressive but I just bought two Olights a couple of weeks ago so I wasn't in the market for another one.
    There were a couple of vendors that had MRE's and Wise Company food. What looked like the largest vendor, had lots of medical supplies and training materials. NOLATAC, a local firearms training company, was there selling kydex holsters and a small selection of nylon gear. Nothing all that impressive. They would have probably done better at the gun show that was literally across the parking lot in another building. I don't know if they planned to hold the expo the same weekend as the gun show but it may have been a bad idea. The place was almost empty of visitors. Not sure if that was because of the guns how next door or just because it was Sunday.
    The Angery American (and two other authors that slip my mind) were there. I would have loved to stop and talk with them, but by the time they were at their booth, the son and I were ready to leave. A few other vendors had their tables covered with sheets too. Guess everyone decided to sleep in Sunday morning.
    Plenty of off brand bags and pouches. I was hoping to see a bunch of Maxpedition products, but I only came across a pack of their playing cards. Saw some pre-made vehicle emergency kits, med kits and just about a dozen or so knives.
    All in all, I wouldn't attend again if they had a gun show going on right next door again. I really think that's what kept the crowds, and possible some vendors, from attending. They have been offering discounted admission for at least the two weeks before this weekend. Admission at the door was $20 but only $5 if you used their promo code online. I'm just glad I got the $5 ticket.
    Maybe I was expecting more or maybe I shouldn't have expect more.

mctacticool and Frankenstein like this.
  6. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

[​IMG]

Lots of packaged food. [​IMG]

Copper challenge coins.
    [​IMG]

More food.
    [​IMG]

Med kits.
    [​IMG]

Bags from manufacturers that I haven't heard of.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

mctacticool and Frankenstein like this.
  7. Frankenstein

Frankenstein
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

The expos seem to be lacking of late they have one at the Cajun dome each year but the last few years it's turned into a boat and atv show with a bunch of people selling paid hunts I quit going a couple years back. I was like you hoping this would be "more" but sounds like I didn't miss much. Appreciate the review tho!