Radio Belt Pouch?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio' started by Sharaz_Jek, May 6, 2018.

1. Sharaz_Jek

Sharaz_Jek
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

One downside to my Alinco DJ-G7 is that it has no belt clip. It uses a strap instead which is really annoying so I'm looking for a good belt pouch so what are you fuys using?

Sent from my DJ-G7 using DTMF.

mctacticool likes this.
  2. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

How big is it?

I haven't quite figured it out yet, but...if you don't need to get to it to adjust it often / quickly and use and earpiece and PTT, I'd look seriously at something like the BFG 10-Speed mag or GP pouches. I use then for a handful of things kind of like that (lights, TQs, phone, obviously mags, multitools, etc.) And they are awesome and collapse very small when the pouch isn't full.

I do need to look into it myself. Friends and I are probably going to start using the knock off MBITR or HAM radios fairly soon depending mostly on what kind of licensing we can all agree on. My biggest question right now is whether it's going to wind up first line or second line gear, which honestly will probably depend mostly on which exact radios we use and what earpieces are available. Sadly, the most convenient ones seem to only work with phones.

Even $15 ear buds with comply isolation tips and a mic on the cable work better under electronic ears than anything I've demoed....except they're not PTT.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

Sharaz_Jek and mctacticool like this.
  3. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

I have a size adjustable one from tasmanian tiger... I’ve used it both for pda’s and radios...

Sharaz_Jek likes this.
  4. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

I have a couple of inexpensive nylon radio pouches that I picked up years ago from an army surplus store. They cost around $10. Nothing fancy. I use them with my Icom t7h and w32. Might be a little big for your Alinco, but I think they make them in smaller sizes. If you aren't removing the HT a lot, they are good. The pouches get used mainly during public service events where I am using a speaker/mic and not having to change settings on the radio much.
    I'll have to try to remember to take a picture of the pouch when I get home for you.

Sharaz_Jek and mctacticool like this.
  5. Sharaz_Jek

Sharaz_Jek
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

It's a standard size HT. 1.25"x5"x3.5" approx. I'd like something that is adjustable to fit other radios as well and something that is molle compatible. I usually use a speaker mic so once it's in the pouch, it will stay there unless I need to change freqs or settings.

nolaradio and mctacticool like this.
  6. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

Finally got around to snapping a couple of pictures. This is actually one of Academy Sports' store brand pouches, Tactical Performance. But it's basically the same as the others I mentioned that I bought from the army surplus. This one has the straps for attaching to MOLLE webbing and has a piece of elastic that allows radios of different thicknesses to fit snug in the pouch.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.