Samsung Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by backwater-otter, Oct 28, 2017.

1. backwater-otter

backwater-otter
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Hey guys, it's time to upgrade. Any thoughts on the Galaxy S8??

If I get it, I think I'll purchase a Magpul field case and screen protector. Any other recommendations on cases/screen protectors?

I've been using an IPhone SE, but I think the Galaxy will be many times better.

2. nolaradio

nolaradio
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I have used the Zagg glass protectors in the past. They are a little pricey but not as expensive as buying a new screen or phone. The last one I had was on an HTC phone. I had a few things impact it before it finally shattered. At first I thought the screen cracked too but it was undamaged. For the cost of shipping, they sent another protector to replace it.
    From what I have seen of the Magpul cases, they seem to fit snugly and offer a good bit of protection. Wish they made one for my Nexus 6p.

mctacticool likes this.
  3. mctacticool

mctacticool
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

Can't help you with android... Not my kind of thing... But i'll second getting some kind of glass protection and good cover for any smartphone... Preferrably some kind of rubber, that way the cover will absorb some of the hit when/if the phone is dropped...

4. sk33tr

sk33tr
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

i have the galaxy s8+, coming from the iphone 6+.[

i like the galaxy. it was a bit of work figuring everything out coming form the ios platform for the past 8 years or so. but it only took a couple/few days to get a handle on it.

i bought a cheap case to go on it when i bought the phone only because i didn't have a lot of money left over for it. but i want to get the otterbox defender. it's $60 on the otterbox site but only $25 on amazon, so you can guess where i'm going to order it from.

i still need to get a screen protector, too. i haven't had much experience with them so i also need some suggestions on those.

5. backwater-otter

backwater-otter
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

How do you like the secure folder? Seems really handy.

6. sk33tr

sk33tr
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

to be honest i don't use it. i don't keep anything on my phone of real importance. if somebody wants to see my pictures or any notes i've put on there, by all means...take a look. nothing in there that i don't have stored somewhere else and nothing with an personal or private information.

mctacticool likes this.
  7. backwater-otter

backwater-otter
    Expand Collapse
    Apocalypse Ready

It's an interesting concept, I was reading about it. It's almost like a phone within a phone if that makes sense. Everything in that folder stays in that folder. Any apps/programs in that folder that could possibly remotely hack into the phone are unable to. I may not be explaining it right but you get the idea.

mctacticool likes this.