Savoy1's EDC

Discussion in 'Personal EDC' started by Savoy1, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

In the last couple of years I have become real nostalgic about things from my childhood. I guess that comes with age and the internet has made reconnecting with things from our childhoods more possible. Kinda cool. I hope we are not on the road to losing the internet as we now know it.

2. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

A gun and a story. Here we go. The internet is easily the greatest technological advance in my lifetime, followed closely by cellphone technology and GPS. Ok here is a true story about this gun and the internet and the biggest story during my lifetime, which was 9/11. I am a huge Jets fan which is funny because I am from the deep south. Joe Namath played for Alabama, enough said. So I used to be on a New York Jets forum which is now defunct. One night on the forum in a discussion guns came up. A guy said he had a revolver he wanted to sell. As it turned out he was a former NYPD officer who had retired early due to injuries sustained during 9/11. He said the gun was his duty weapon before NYPD transitioned to Glocks. I asked him if it was a S&W model 10 and he confirmed that it was. I told him I was a law enforcement officer and I would be interested in buying it. He replied back that since I was a Jets fan and a cop I could have it for $75 and transfer fees if I wanted it. I told him what it was worth and he said he did not care he just did not need it and wanted it to go to a good home. And that is how I came by this! J E T S, Jets Jets Jets!!
    [​IMG]

#42 Savoy1, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

This was my Paw Paw's one and only handgun. I inherited it. Harrington and Richardson .32 S&W long.
    [​IMG]

#43 Savoy1, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Handguns in my time. I was born in the late 60's. When I was growing up double action revolvers filled the holsters of almost all law enforcement officers. Patrolmen had four and six inch models of Smith and Wesson's and Rugers and occasionally Colts which had more or less priced themselves out of the market but could still be seen occasionally. Detectives and admin types had Snub nose revolvers in .38 and .357 magnum. As I came of age in the mid 80"s the semi-automatic was coming of age as well. I entered the military in 1985 as an MP and the issue sidearm for male personnel was the 1911 .45 which was then being replaced by the Beretta 92 9mm. The Military had adopted the semi-auto way prior to American law enforcement and the civilian population. I went to work in law enforcement in 1991 and was issued a 3rd generation Smith and Wesson 9mm semi-auto which I replaced shortly with a Glock even though I initially resisted the Glocks when they first came out because they were "plastic junk" according to me, lol. When allowed during my 25 year law enforcement career I carried a Glock as a primary and a S&W or a Rossi or Taurus .38 revolver as a back-up or off duty most of the time. As a retired law enforcement officer and a retired military man I find myself carrying a snub nose revolver or a baby Glock most of the time when I feel I "need " to carry a gun. With that being said my favorite handguns, hands down are revolvers, single and double action, short and long barrels. My sister has gotten me watching a TV show on Netflix called Stranger Things and it is set in the early eighties and got me to thinking about all this. lol

#44 Savoy1, Dec 27, 2017
  5. GJWeinheimer

GJWeinheimer
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Apprentice

We have a channel here that shows old TV shows and I get a kick out of Hawaii 5 O ( the original). I watched it when it first came out but now I notice the revolvers. Makes me chuckle. I carry a Glock 19 and was thinking today I should get a smaller one. By the end of the day I start to notice it on my hip. I recently broke my wrist in a car crash though and I'm still healing. The 19 doesn't shoot too bad single handed so there are trade offs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Savoy1 and mctacticool like this.
  6. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

That gravity defying shoulder holster Magarrett wears cracks me up. He has a cool car though.

GJWeinheimer and mctacticool like this.
  7. charliefox

charliefox
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

A lot of shows back then got holsters wrong all the time. I remember watching the movie The Choir Boys and one of the main characters was wearing a breakfront holster as a cross draw. I knew that because it was the same holster I was carrying at that time!

8. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

9. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Today’s carry[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

01-03-18[​IMG]

11. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Savoy1 is taking to the road. Stay tuned. [​IMG]

Since I am traveling, I am wearing the G-Shock
    Radio controlled accuracy ✔️
    Solar power✔️
    Automatic light✔️
    Compass✔️
    Alarm✔️
    Alternate time zone at the touch of a button✔️

G-shock is like a Glock. When it absolutely has to work. Today’s trip answered the question for me as to what watch out of all my watches it would be if I could only have one because this is the only one I will have for the next couple of days.

#51 Savoy1, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  12. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

Sitting at a gate, waiting on a flight. Fingers crossed for no substantial delay.

mctacticool likes this.
  13. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

About to board my connecting flight. [​IMG]
    This was flying into Atlanta. They had nasty weather here this morning but it has greatly improved.

Kerberos and mctacticool like this.
  14. GJWeinheimer

GJWeinheimer
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Apprentice

My G-Shock went through my high speed car crash with and it's still tickin, great choice.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Savoy1 and mctacticool like this.
  15. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]

16. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]

The military mechanics tool bag pictured has been my travel shaving kit for over 20 years. I bought it in an Army Px years ago. When I fly I put my knives and other TSA unfriendly items in this with my toiletries and put it in my checked bag which is a wheeled Wilson duffel bag I have had for years. There are little tool slots on the inside walls of the bag which are great for small items and it has two additional outside pockets for lighters, matches, dental floss pick thing a ma piggies and such.

17. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]

My Wilson duffel and Under Armor backpack which I use for a carry-on bag.

18. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

19. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]

Brought an M-65 for the cold.

mctacticool likes this.
  20. Savoy1

Savoy1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

[​IMG]

The balcony of the room I am staying in. The house is an old victorian mansion. Its Beautiful and cozy. The house across the way has been turned into apartments. Back in the day it was a sanitarium for people with tuberculosis.