Streamlight Microstream

Discussion in 'Flashlights' started by biker4Christ, Mar 12, 2017.

1. biker4Christ

biker4Christ
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking into getting a Streamlight Microstream. Does anyone carry one? The size is great. I know it's a bit weak regarding lumens, but it's so easy to carry. Is it enough for use with a gun? Also had anyone used the Rogers Rail Lite with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheGremlin

TheGremlin
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Great little light. I've carried one daily for a couple of years or so, and I really have no desire to even look for anything else. I wouldn't use it in a home/self defence situation, as it is not terribly bright, but for me it's the perfect EDC torch.

Some do. Some teach. The rest look it up.

biker4Christ likes this.
  3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Scholar

I'm pretty hard on a flashlight especially my user for work. I'm a mechanic so it gets dropped in coolant, oil, gas, the occasional pass thru a fan blade lol the micro stream has been great for the last 3-4 years I've been using them and they are affordable enough to replace if you really tear it up

Kerberos, TheGremlin and biker4Christ like this.
  4. backwater-otter

backwater-otter
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Grand Master

Love mine. It took an accidental trip into the coals of a bonfire and came out still functioning. (It was in there for probably 40-60 seconds) The lens got a little foggy, but I polished it back up. One of the toughest lights out there imho.

biker4Christ, Kerberos and TheGremlin like this.
  5. Gpwelding1

Gpwelding1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Journeyman

Very good edc light. I carried one for a while. However, I upgraded to the streamlight stylus pro. Found them for under $20.
    It has an adjustable beam and takes 2 aaa batteries. So I go longer between battery changes. It's a little longer, but still easy to carry.
    And like all streamlight products, it has a lifetime warranty. My tail cap switch stopped working. I sent them an email. They sent me a new switch, no questions asked.

6. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I prefer the Protac 1-AAA for that size...it's a little brighter, and their ten-tap means you can actually set it to ignore all of the stupid modes by default but still access them if you need them.

7. Gpwelding1

Gpwelding1
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Journeyman

1. moostapha, I wasn't even aware that the protac 1-AAA was available. Just ordered one today. Thanks for posting that.

moostapha likes this.
  8. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

Yeah. It killed the microstream for me.

So did dropping my microstream. There was a period where either I got a couple counterfeits off amazon or streamlight had some major quality issues.

The more recent ones (like my protac 1aaa and protac 2l-x) are fine. Like...I've hit heavy bags with them.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

dmak likes this.
  9. dmak

dmak
    Expand Collapse
    into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
    Staff Member Global Mod

I ditched streamlight a few years ago. I got 3-4 duds in a row. The protac 2aaa was the most disappointing. I must have gotten some of the ones that were shit. Been using Fenix pretty religiously and have always been impressed.

moostapha likes this.
  10. moostapha

moostapha
    Expand Collapse
    EDC Master

I haven't had any problems with my Fenix lights, but I haven't seen one with the controls I want that looked like it would be okay in my pockets.

That being said, after I found the surefire I carried for a year or so and then that protac 2lx, I stopped looking.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

dmak likes this.