2019 EDC Picture Thread

Kiva

Re: Share Your Personal EDC Here

Well, I will have to take an updated picture of my EDC, but this is one that I recently posted one another site. It was what I was carrying with me while on a trip to Ohio.Since that was the case, it didn't include things like an extra magazine, and it hasn't been updated since I changed some things. Anyway, here it is:

-Glock 22 .40 cal carried in Blackhawk IWB holster
-Swiss Army wallet with money clip
-Commonwealth of Virginia Permit to Carry and Concealed Handgun
-HTC Evo 4G
-Standard pen
-SOG Flash II assisted opening knife
-Streamlight Microstream
-Gerber/Bear Grylls Mini-Multitool
-PNY 4G flash drive
-Chapstick
-Average lighter (changed out for a Zippo recently)
-Keys to Dodge Charger R/T and house, gym pass, and miniature Inova light
-Casio G-Shock 1289 digital watch

EDC? Haha! Until a few hours back I thought EDC just referred to pocket knives. I carry an LG cell phone, wear a Fossil watch, an old leather wallet, a pound of keys (home and business), and most importantly,one of several knives (Benchmde mini griptilian in 154cm, Kershaw Skyline or Leek, Leatherman Micra, or a Buck Vantage). I need a good flashlight. The technology has improved and left my Maglights, Brinkmans, & Colemans back in the stone age.

Kiva

I like the Microstream quite a bit. I was actually using a Stylus Pro before...carried it in my shoulder pocket over in Iraq. Unfortunately, it seemed like the on/off switch was having problems..so I got the Microstream instead when I got home. I just replaced the batteries in the Stylus Pro and it seems to be fine now, so I am not really sure what the issue was. If the batteries were just dying..it sure had a strange way of showing it, lol.

The Stylus Pro is a little brighter than the Microstream, but I can't say I really like one more than the other. I've had a good experience with the Micro so far.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

BourneEBR said:
I can certainly guide you in the right direction for a flashlight!
Your company does make some excellent YouTube videos for flashlights. By any chance are you the one recording/narrating those vids?

hawk652

EDC Journeyman

pistol-springfield xdm 3.8 40 cal in desantis IWB holster
knife-Al Mar eagle
flashlight-Fenix pd20
pen-Zebra Expandz
backup knife/ multitool-classic Victorinox SD
Wallet-levis leather
cell phone-i phone

this is what is always on my person. I also carry a sling pack filled w/ goodies whenever i leave the house.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

hawk652 said:
pistol-springfield xdm 3.8 40 cal in desantis IWB holster
knife-Al Mar eagle
flashlight-Fenix pd20
pen-Zebra Expandz
backup knife/ multitool-classic Victorinox SD
Wallet-levis leather
cell phone-i phone

this is what is always on my person. I also carry a sling pack filled w/ goodies whenever i leave the house.
Nice EDC items hawk652. Does the Zebra pen take Space Pen refills?

BourneEBR

EDC Journeyman

MIKE said:
BourneEBR said:
I can certainly guide you in the right direction for a flashlight!
Your company does make some excellent YouTube videos for flashlights. By any chance are you the one recording/narrating those vids?
Thanks! I am not the guy who does the videos, that guy would be the one who gives me my paycheck, the boss man, Marshall. I am, however, in Sootch00's video when he comes to visit the store, I am sure you guys know who he is on Youtube.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

BourneEBR said:
Thanks! I am not the guy who does the videos, that guy would be the one who gives me my paycheck, the boss man, Marshall. I am, however, in Sootch00's video when he comes to visit the store, I am sure you guys know who he is on Youtube.
Please pass along my compliments to Marshall for me. I recently read Rob Robideau's book The Practical Guide to Everyday Carry Gear and I think Marshall was in one of the podcasts/articles. He seemed very knowledgeable and passionate about flashlights.

BourneEBR

EDC Journeyman

MIKE said:
BourneEBR said:
Please pass along my compliments to Marshall for me. I recently read Rob Robideau's book The Practical Guide to Everyday Carry Gear and I think Marshall was in one of the podcasts/articles. He seemed very knowledgeable and passionate about flashlights.
I most certainly will! We have a ton of fun here and is a good boss. He has taught us everything he knows about flashlights, and his passion kinda rubbed off on all of 5 of us here, hah!

BlackBerry 9900 - not by choice (work)
Leatherman Squirt
Husky Razor Knife
Bench Made (Mel Pardue)
Zebra Pen
SOG - Better than most
NAA .22 LR 5-shot revolver CCI MiniMags
Glock 30 .45, Corbon HP's
Guess Wallet
Zytek ANSI 87.1 approved Safety Sun Glasses. Retail $2.58 when you buy them by the dozen. I learned my lesson a long time ago and vowed to never spend $150 for sunglasses again.
I forgot to include my 550 Para Cord bracelet. Oh, and Burt's Bees.

Attachments

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

Yokeman said:
BlackBerry 9900 - not by choice (work)
Leatherman Squirt
Husky Razor Knife
Bench Made (Mel Pardue)
Zebra Pen
SOG - Better than most
NAA .22 LR 5-shot revolver CCI MiniMags
Glock 30 .45, Corbon HP's
Guess Wallet
Zytek ANSI 87.1 approved Safety Sun Glasses. Retail $2.58 when you buy them by the dozen. I learned my lesson a long time ago and vowed to never spend $150 for sunglasses again.
Nice EDC items. How do you like shooting the .22 revolver?

I'm not sure where you're buying the Ztek safety glasses, but you can buy them from my website for $1.90 dz or $2.50 dz for the anti-fog version. http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/ztec.html. And just to be clear, I own Safety Glasses USA, so this is kind of a blatant plug.

Thanks Mike!
I have carried that NA Arms revolver since 1992. I love it. Shooting it, well, maybe not so much. You have to have a good grip on it. That is a last ditch effort, all other means have failed "pocket rocket". I have fired it at the range in my pocket of an old pair of shorts, just to know what I could expect. The concussion made a lasting impression (on the boys) not to do it again, unless absolutely necessary. Also, from that experience, I know I can hit a target at danger close without having to present the weapon.
Plug away my friend...looks like you have a brand new customer!

I carry several items on a daily basis. Benchmade Mini-Griptillian, Gerber Artifact, SOG Blink as a money clip, Leatherman Wave on my belt, Leatherman Squirt & Monarch 200 mini-flashlight on my keyring and a CRKT F-4 fixed blade on my front left side. Always have a bandana in my pocket as well, tons of uses for that.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

Reacher said:
I carry several items on a daily basis. Benchmade Mini-Griptillian, Gerber Artifact, SOG Blink as a money clip, Leatherman Wave on my belt, Leatherman Squirt & Monarch 200 mini-flashlight on my keyring and a CRKT F-4 fixed blade on my front left side. Always have a bandana in my pocket as well, tons of uses for that.
Seems like a solid EDC Reacher. Feel free to upload some pictures if you can.

Smith & Wesson M&P 9MM w/Don Hume IWB
Cross ATX & Zebra Z Grip
CC & ID slim wallet (I have no idea what brand it is)
Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Calendar
Iphone 4
Titanium Wedding Band
Benchmade 527
Streamlight Scorpion X
Fenix E01
Gerber Shard
Lexar 32GB Flash Drive
Cadillac Key Fob
Dollar store carabiner
Alicia Klein Padfolio