Atwood tools

MikeT

I love God, my wife, friends, and life's quirks.
Anyone else own or are interested in Atwood tools? Cool little utility tools custom made by Peter Atwood. I think there are cheaper versions of some of his tools out now. Still cool stuff.

dfoland

Keep your powder dry
I don't mean any offense by this but I could never figure out what in the world can a mini prybar do that so many other things can't? What do you use it for?

MikeT

I love God, my wife, friends, and life's quirks.
I feel just like you do, and I do not own one for that reason. ;)

But I think there are cheaper versions of his tools out there. I'm not sure if there is one that would suit my EDC needs.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Liberty's Teeth said:
I don't mean any offense by this but I could never figure out what in the world can a mini prybar do that so many other things can't? What do you use it for?
I think the main purpose of a pry bar is to keep from damaging the tip of your knife when trying to pry something. Other than that I don't think they serve much of a purpose.

ozarksphinx

Two Words: One Life
Definitely aesthetically pleasing to the eye of any EDC'er. Would need more reasons to use aside from opening up a paint can (as I've done with my Gerber Shard which I'm retiring soon :-\). People have said it makes a great soda pop can opener, but c'mon, REALLY? I'd say it's a desperate use of the tool to get your money's worth. Nonetheless, I love the Atwood tool's character and valiant efforts but I need a little more convincing. Still worth an EDCP mention though!

Spinningfetus

EDC Apprentice
It's one of those things. You never realize how often you need it until you have it for a while. I like the fact that I am never tempted to pry with my knife, was able to retire the old Saranac Bottle opener, and depending on the one I am carrying have one to several wrenches on my keychain. They are spendy and not all of them would I really want to carry everyday (too pretty) but the quality and designs are just amazing.

trickcarey

EDC Journeyman
we need to resurrect this thread!
I've been addicted to Atwood tools for some time now. I've owned an unknown amount of them, and I've bought and sold more than I'd like to share :-/ . I think the fit and finish on them is far and above any other pocket tool I've handled. Some of his designs are really unique and call to me, others I don't care for. I'll try and go through my collection of pictures and post some of them :)

trickcarey

EDC Journeyman
we need to resurrect this thread!
I've been addicted to Atwood tools for some time now. I've owned an unknown amount of them, and I've bought and sold more than I'd like to share :-/ . I think the fit and finish on them is far and above any other pocket tool I've handled. Some of his designs are really unique and call to me, others I don't care for. I'll try and go through my collection of pictures and post some of them :)
Untitled by Patrick Cunningham, on Flickr
Untitled by Patrick Cunningham, on Flickr