Checking in Planeteers

Troll Medic

EDC Master
I'll just come out and say it, been a while, but I was checking in on everyone and their current Covid 19 preps. Things in SC are good. No one in my neck of the woods is losing their minds or fighting over toilet paper. How are things in your neck of bv the woods gents?

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
I'm here in Atlanta. Things are good, but its getting a bit weird. A lot of stuff gone from all grocery stores, mostly dry foods, canned foods, frozen foods, and paper products. Ammo is almost non existent. Went to the range last night, good thing I had ammo with me, cause they had none of the major calibers. I've popped into several places just to check it out and there is a serious run on guns and ammo Found a great deal on a case of 77 grain OTM 556 rounds so I snagged that. As for other supplies, I've been ready for a shelter in place situation for a while, so we're good in the house here

Traffic is pretty awesome. I drive all over the city for work and my travel time is down significantly. Work has picked up quite a bit this week. Im a geo technician for an engineering firm, and do residential construction inspections. I mostly play with dirt by myself all day for work. Thankfully my exposure to people is minimal, if any, for work. With city and county inspectors being off work, most of the municipalities are allowing for certified 3rd party engineers to perform inspections on behalf of the municipality. It's the beginning of construction season, so needless to say we're getting busy.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
We are doing OK here in South West Michigan. Some staple items are low at the grocery stores, but nothing too serious. All of our restaurants, gyms, etc. are closed. My staff is working hard to keep safety supplies moving but it's getting more difficult each passing day. Supplies for critical items are either completely gone or dwindling fast.

Troll Medic

EDC Master
Good to see everyone doing well (or the best of it). Ammo is in short supply up here, food stuffs have been staring to dwindle, but all in all it's not chaotic. People arent trying to live out their Purge fantasy. Making sure everyone was good, and feel free to use this thread to check in on each other gents.

Saber

EDC Master
We are okay in NorCal (at the Southern tip of the San Francisco Bay).
I volunteer with Cal Fire, and all training has been canceled - but it's been raining, and there is snow at our fire lookout tower, so fire season won't start anytime soon.

We are now the "elders" in the neighborhood, so 2 of the younger families are checking on us and offering to run errands for us. Grocery stores have designated the first few hours each day for Seniors only.

Victograph

EDC Scholar
In Los Angeles. Under lockdown for being in both age and respiratory groups. My sin has lost his employment building sets, my daughter has been dealing with fallout in travel. Her wedding set for April is cancelled. I never knew how good I had it before this all hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
In Los Angeles. Under lockdown for being in both age and respiratory groups. My sin has lost his employment building sets, my daughter has been dealing with fallout in travel. Her wedding set for April is cancelled. I never knew how good I had it before this all hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish you and your family the best of luck. 2020 is going to be one hell of a year!

TonySal

EDC Grand Master
Other EDC sites are...oh Hi Mike!
Me and wife hope everyone will be ok but only through a WW2 type cooperative effort!
I remember 9-11 here.
Like Charlie Daniels sung- We'll all stick together and you can take that to the bank, the cowboys, the Hippies, the Rebels and the Yanks! God bless America again!

WinonaRail

EDC Grand Master
Rural northern Indiana- people losing their minds on social media but real life here hasn't changed that much. Still on the job, although several people are working from home now.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Michigan just issued a stay at home order. Hopefully, this will help slow down the infection rate and allow hospitals to stay above water.

moostapha

EDC Master
Outside of Atlanta.

Put under 9pm curfew as of tonight, but it's not really that big of an effect right now. We've been basically self-quarantined for a few weeks except for grocery shopping. We're good on that front for quite a while, and when I've gone out, pretty much nothing has been completely gone except hand sanitizer.