Customized knives

keyman

EDC Master
Hi all,
Most know, I am scale crazy.
I love to customize my knives, to make them unique and in turn hopefully better.
It is quite obvious that in this, I am not alone. Here's a thread to post pics of all those special touches we all do to our already capable knives to make them ours.

Here's a start....

Instead of those plastic feeling handle scales, I have made new scales out of Python canvas micarta and a cogged back spacer out of brown canvas micarta. There is truly nothing wrong with the original factory scales.
However, I must say....this definitely better.

really?

No one else?

Ok, fine then. I guess I will have to chime in myself.

When to ZT 0566 was released I picked one up hoping it would be the as advertised mini 0561 to go along with the excellent full sized model I had..

Unfortunately, the 0566 was only available with black G10, so rather than kibbize about it I decided to go ahead and make a scale to match my 0561.

And with it's big brother

Unfortunately, I found the 0566 was nothing like the 0561 other than being a frame lock with a similar blade profile so I never carried and ended up selling it a while ago.

Last edited:

Gunsmoke609

EDC Journeyman
Hi all,
I love to customize my knives, to make them unique and in turn hopefully better.
It is quite obvious that in this, I am not alone. Here's a thread to post pics of all those special touches we all do to our already capable knives to make them ours.

Here's a start....

Instead of those plastic feeling handle scales, I have made new scales out of Python canvas micarta and a cogged back spacer out of brown canvas micarta. There is truly nothing wrong with the original factory scales.

Good grief, I fell in instant love with those scales, never knew they had Python scales!! I have a Benchmade Griptillion that would look awesome and would make me lean to it being my EDC! AWESOME!! You are very gifted craftsman! Thanks for sharing.

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
@keyman - did you do the work yourself or did you buy the scales. I really like the back spacer on that

Luck is the by-product of preparation and opportunity colliding. Stay Lucky!

Gunsmoke609

EDC Journeyman
Yup, my friend lightning is correct.
Thank you that is my work.
Custom scales on a already great knife = Awesome.

Hi all,

Here's a start....

Would something like these be available? If so, I could PM you to coordinate if not too cost prohibited.

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
I wouldn't say this is truly customized in the sense, but I stippled the scales on my Becker BK3. I hated the smooth ones that were provided and decided to get the wood burning kit out. I like the outcome.

Luck is the by-product of preparation and opportunity colliding. Stay Lucky!