Diy Gun Leather and Leather Stuff

Awe shucks you're making my blush.. Much appreciated. Im slowly branching into different styles styles. It's been so fun to be able to make the stuff I wish I could buy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I know who I'm buying a holster from from when I get my CCW. I could give a $hit about booze at 21, for me it's going to be all about the heat. ;):D

Paul M

EDC Journeyman
My first attempt at a sheath. It shows, lol. My Böker Rhino fits snug in it, and I learned a great deal from making it. I still have detail work to do, such as sending the edges, finishing and some trimming. I wish I had the talent you all show here. Next project is a wet-formed pocket sheath for my Böker Mini Pry. We'll see how it goes. Practice makes adequate, I say...

Critiques are welcome.
Thanks for looking!
20161228_185232.jpg

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
My first attempt at a sheath. It shows, lol. My Böker Rhino fits snug in it, and I learned a great deal from making it. I still have detail work to do, such as sending the edges, finishing and some trimming. I wish I had the talent you all show here. Next project is a wet-formed pocket sheath for my Böker Mini Pry. We'll see how it goes. Practice makes adequate, I say...

Critiques are welcome.
Thanks for looking! View attachment 7037
Excellent first project. You will learn as you go. Leather work is fun and addictive.

My biggest advice would be to practice your cutting. Veg tanned hide cuts different then a finished one. I like double shoulders between 9-11 oz., that's what I always get. It takes time and practice to get good at cutting. Ive learned that damp leather cuts smoother. I get great results using an OLFA Rotary cutter. Gives a nice clean smooth cut. Corners can be tough. I use an exacto knife, place the tip on the edge of the corner and slice down and out from the corner.

Luck is the by-product of preparation and opportunity colliding. Stay Lucky!

Paul M

EDC Journeyman
Excellent first project. You will learn as you go. Leather work is fun and addictive.

My biggest advice would be to practice your cutting. Veg tanned hide cuts different then a finished one. I like double shoulders between 9-11 oz., that's what I always get. It takes time and practice to get good at cutting. Ive learned that damp leather cuts smoother. I get great results using an OLFA Rotary cutter. Gives a nice clean smooth cut. Corners can be tough. I use an exacto knife, place the tip on the edge of the corner and slice down and out from the corner.

Luck is the by-product of preparation and opportunity colliding. Stay Lucky!
Thanks! Every piece of advice is a valuable one.