EDC Water Bottle

dfoland

Keep your powder dry
Liberty's Teeth said:
I use a sportline waterbottle I got at wal-mart for 5 bucks. I liked it so much I bought another and my buddies at work had me pick up a couple for them. I've dropped it off a moving forktruck several times. the only thing I replaced was the carabiner for a more heavy duty one. when I run across more I'll buy them up. I like that it has a metal bottom and plastic you can see thru. I've never tried to boil water in one but I've seen les shroud boil in a cheap disposeable plastic bottle. tho I'm sure you'd have to be careful.
Update I tried to boil water in this it did not end well ::)
I didn't fill it up all the way and right at the top of the water one side started to melt inward.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Liberty's Teeth said:
Update I tried to boil water in this it did not end well ::)
I didn't fill it up all the way and right at the top of the water one side started to melt inward.
Bummer. Did you ruin your bottle?

1willi4

Why do I carry a 45? Because they don't make a .46
Not trying to be a know it all but plastic leaches a poison called BPA when heated. That's why so much stuff says "BPA FREE" now. If it doesn't say that then I would avoid heating and especially boiling stuff in it. Kleenex Kanteen for me!!

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
1willi4 said:
Not trying to be a know it all but plastic leaches a poison called BPA when heated. That's why so much stuff says "BPA FREE" now. If it doesn't say that then I would avoid heating and especially boiling stuff in it. Kleenex Kanteen for me!!
Good reminder about the BPA risks. :eek:

Been carrying this Stanley for bout 6 months and know what you mean about sweating. Thinking bout switching to an insulated bottle for that reason. Like this one because the top unscrews off the stainless bottom, makes it easy to fill with ice plus it has the small mouth for drinking.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
Thanks to AdmSlc, I've been carrying this bad boy for almost a year and a half now. Couldn't be happier. No leaks, no sweats, hots stay hot, colds stay cold for hours (if not days) used this when canyoneering Ordiville Canyon in Zion National Park. It was 112 degrees outside and we hiked for 13 hours . I filled it to the top with ice then topped it off with water. I was able to refill the flask multiple times throughout the day and still had plenty of ice at the end of the day

40 oz Hydro Flask

Last edited:

Josh

EDC Scholar
I do carry two Hydroflasks in my Tom Bihn Synapse water bottle pocket every day. The purple one is for water and the blue one is for coffee.

Here they are next to my Rey and BB-8 action figures:

Hydroflask is just about as good as it gets if you ask me.

Nos

EDC Journeyman
I use this guy, it has a filter to remove fluoride and chlorine, and makes the water taste like actual water

Piejo

EDC Master
So brief initial impressions.
Very well built,has some weight to it.
Holds 32 ounces
Coating feels great.
Doesnt leak
I put two bottles of water from the fridge this afternoon at noon its 2130 and its still as cold as it came out the fridge
They are available on Amazon for a very reasonable price.
Monday work testing will begin then i can comment on durabilty.Butvit has a lifetime warranty and from everything i read there customer service is great.
1454812022355.jpg

kensington

EDC Journeyman
I've got one of these in my office and one at home

Glasstic, I really like it because it is a glass bottle in a plastic sleeve so no condensation. I can leave water in it over the weekend at work and come in Monday and it tastes fine, nothing like drinking from glass. Not super great at keeping water cold but it has a wide mouth so ice is not an issue and I drink often enough at home and work that it is not an issue. Flip lid is nice and I like the size of the opening for drinking. I do wish the capacity was larger than 16oz. though.

When we are out for the day or in the summer I will grab one of our many Hydroflasks.