EDC Water Bottle

DEERLORD

EDC Journeyman
I'm also team hydroflask, I have two 40oz and one 21oz but only one 40oz gets used. The 21 is too small, I drink at least 100oz a day.

My first 40oz was delivered to me with a sizable dent in it and after speaking to a customer service rep I was sent another free of charge and wasn't asked for the damaged one back. I figured I'd work with the dented one first and good thing too because I've beat the crap out of it haha. My job is somewhat chaotic and while the bottle doesn't fall often, it gets real heavy when it's full and it usually falls from at least three feet off the ground.

Typically when insulated bottles get too dented they stop working properly but I didn't notice any drop in insulation until recently when the bottle fell on its head and cracked the cap. The cap is cracked straight to middle and I can even pull it apart a little. However it still insulates pretty well, better some other off brands I've used. What is even more awesome is that any other bottle cracked that severely probably wouldn't even screw back on to the bottle but mine does without an issue, no doubt assisted by the rubber ring. The damn thing doesn't even leak, I was blown away.

stbob

EDC Apprentice
What water bottle is the best? What do you carry? Include pictures...
Mine is the Hydro Flask Stainless Steel 40 oz.
Nalgene bottles are good but take up a lot of valuable space...

I prefer plastic bags and/or store bought water bottles that can pack down to nothing when not in use...

Hi, I've got a Nalgene OTG and the cap leaks a little when is on horizontal position. Should I switch the cap? Where can I find a better one or spare parts?
Sorry, my english is no good, I must improve it

Enviado desde mi Moto C mediante Tapatalk

Hi, I've got a Nalgene OTG and the cap leaks a little when is on horizontal position. Should I switch the cap? Where can I find a better one or spare parts?
Sorry, my english is no good, I must improve it

I sent an email to nalgene and they Will send me a new cap (lifetime warranty)
Thanks

sk33tr

EDC Master
i want to order a new bottle. i'll stick with hydroflask; and i want to get the straw lid and flex boot for it.

i stopped using my first one 'cause my sister gave me one that's similar to a yeti (silver body, clear lid, hard straw), but it doesn't hold ice near as good as my hydroflask does. the only issue is, i can't find what i did with my hydroflask. i know i put it in a box/container and then put the box into storage (in the attic), but i've been through a ton of boxes up there and still can't find it. so it looks like i'll be ordering another one.

i drink a lot of water at work and i need something that will keep ice in it all day. and since i know that a hyrdroflask will do that, i want another one.

Before we went to Africa, we asked the outgoing unit what we needed to bring as far as basic issue items, and the guy we talked to said, "I dunno...bring an insulated water bottle." So, we said okay, that's fine, but is there anything from our cages we need to bring in the Tricons or whatever? "I dunno...bring an insulated water bottle, though."

So I went out that day and got a Camelbak Chute, and boy, let me tell you, that thing was worth its weight in gold in Africa. It kept iced drinks cold and refreshing for up to 14 hours at a time, in a place where you will look like you just got rained on after you walk a hundred feet out your door.

It's sitting on my desk next to me right now in Afghanistan, and when the hot weather kicks up again, it will once again be my constant companion.