G Shock GW9400 3CR Rangeman Master of G Series

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
So I have been eyeing this O.D. Green G-Shock, the GW9400-3CR with the negative face for awhile, I'm wondering if a anyone out there has one and what are your thoughts on it. I know it's their first ABC G Shock and that it's solar powered, Atomic Time keeping, but I want to know if anyone has any problems with them and if the $200.00 investment is worth it. I've worn G Shocks all my life so I know the quality is Awesome. So any thoughts suggestions would be great. Thank you to all, Be Safe and watch your six.
gshock.jpg

sk33tr

EDC Master
i have this version:

i've had it for almost a year-and-a-half and it's been flawless. it was a little under $200 when i got it (amazon) and the price fluctuates pretty good. the lowest i've ever seen it was around $160. but when i decided to get mine, it had gone up to almost $190. of course mine is the 1CR version, so i'm not sure if that matters on the price or what it really means. i'd never owned a g-shock so it looked and felt huge the first time i put it on. but after a couple weeks, i hardly noticed it.

and it is indeed rugged and i've worn while doing stuff that has ripped other watches off my wrist and or destroyed them. short of taking a hammer to it, i've beaten the crap out of it and it's still going strong. i love it and wear it all the time as it's my edc watch.

it is one of the 3 edc items i ALWAYS have on me, without fail, when i leave the house. (watch, ccw, and multitool) i'd rather forget my phone than my watch.

Last edited:

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
i have this version:

i've have it for almost a year-and-a-half and it's been flawless. it was a little under $200 when i got it (amazon) and the price fluctuates pretty good. the lowest i've ever seen it was around $160. but when i decided to get mine, it had gone up to almost $190. of course mine is the 1CR version, so i'm not sure if that matters on the price or what it really means. i'd never owned a g-shock so it looked and felt huge the first time i put it on. but after a couple weeks, i hardly noticed it.

and it is indeed rugged and i've worn while doing stuff that has ripped other watches off my wrist and or destroyed them. short of taking a hammer to it, i've beaten the crap out of it and it's still going strong. i love it and wear it all the time as it's my edc watch.

it is one of the 3 edc items i ALWAYS have on me, without fail, when i leave the house. (watch, ccw, and multitool) i'd rather forget my phone than my watch.
I've looked at that one also, but the O.D. green with a negative display looks awesome. Any problems with the battery not lasting beimg that it is solar power?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sk33tr

EDC Master
I've looked at that one also, but the O.D. green with a negative display looks awesome. Any problems with the battery not lasting beimg that it is solar power?

not at all.

at night, it goes into "sleep mode" (which i believe is default) and the face turns off. i just hit the big silver button on the bottom to get it to turn on and it stays on the rest of the day. so that helps to save the battery.

but as long as you wear it outside a bit, it will keep it charged.

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
not at all.

at night, it goes into "sleep mode" (which i believe is default) and the face turns off. i just hit the big silver button on the bottom to get it to turn on and it stays on the rest of the day. so that helps to save the battery.

but as long as you wear it outside a bit, it will keep it charged.
Cool pulling the trigger on the O.D. Green this weekend. 187.00 on Amazon with 2 day shipping. Cant go wrong with any G-shock product.

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
Just got my Rangman in last night unfortunately the wife will not let me have for another 4 days which really bites but what can you do. I'll post some picks of it once I have it in my hands.

nolaradio

EDC Grand Master
I have an older G-Shock, GW-810D, with a stainless band. It's solar powered and sets itself to the atomic clock. Must be going on about 10 years now that I wear it everyday. I only take it off for showering. It has some funk on it, but the crystal has yet to get a scratch. I guess being a little recessed helps to prevent scratches.

The manual says to take it off and position it a certain way for it to receive the radio signal each night but I never do. It stays on me while sleeping and it has always been able to receive the signal.

Battery has never gone dead on me. Like I said, I wear it every day. I suppose it's getting enough artificial and natural light to keep the batter charged. It's never even gone to the medium range.

I've been hesitant to get another with the plastic or rubber or whatever band. I had some watched in the past that the rubber bands tore. Maybe it was just cheaper watches that used cheap bands. I actually have an extra watch laying in a window sill to keep it charged. I bought that one off ebay just to get the band. The post on the original band snapped off after about three years.

Anyway, I love my G-Shock. I went through three Times Expedition watches before I got the G-Shock. They tool a licking and just couldn't keep ticking. I think I paid right at $200 for it and never regretted it.

Now you got me looking at the G-Shock site. The only problem is that I love the watch I have now so much that I don't think I could wear another. But when this one finally dies, I will certainly replace it with another G-Shock.

The specs on the watch you received are pretty impressive. Congrats on the new watch. It should give you plenty of years of great service.

Last edited:

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
I have an older G-Shock, GW-810D, with a stainless band. It's solar powered and sets itself to the atomic clock. Must be going on about 10 years now that I wear it everyday. I only take it off for showering. It has some funk on it, but the crystal has yet to get a scratch. I guess being a little recessed helps to prevent scratches.

The manual says to take it off and position it a certain way for it to receive the radio signal each night but I never do. It stays on me while sleeping and it has always been able to receive the signal.

Battery has never gone dead on me. Like I said, I wear it every day. I suppose it's getting enough artificial and natural light to keep the batter charged. It's never even gone to the medium range.

I've been hesitant to get another with the plastic or rubber or whatever band. I had some watched in the past that the rubber bands tore. Maybe it was just cheaper watches that used cheap bands. I actually have an extra watch laying in a window sill to keep it charged. I bought that one off ebay just to get the band. The post on the original band snapped off after about three years.

Anyway, I love my G-Shock. I went through three Times Expedition watches before I got the G-Shock. They tool a licking and just couldn't keep ticking. I think I paid right at $200 for it and never regretted it.

Now you got me looking at the G-Shock site. The only problem is that I love the watch I have now so much that I don't think I could wear another. But when this one finally dies, I will certainly replace it with another G-Shock.

The specs on the watch you received are pretty impressive. Congrats on the new watch. It should give you plenty of years of great service.
So far so good. Taking some time to get use to the negative face. I had a Pathfinder before and was use to being able to see the time from across the room. It's been several years since i owned a g-shock so im extremely happy with the purchase.

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
I have to say after 5 months of consent use, and only putting this watch out to be recharged 1 time, I have to say this is one hell of a watch, Took a little time to get use to the neg watch face but over all a excellent watch. The automatic time updates accrue about every other night, You just have to make sure it is not around other electronic devises or it will not receive the signal. The Sunset and Sun rise works but is off a little but nothing to actually worry about. 4 alarms with a snooze, stop watch, count down timer and recall function. The one down side to this watch is the audible beeps, It's not very loud and gets muffled if your wearing long sleeve shirts or a jacket. The Compass seems to be on target, Altimeter works great once you calibrate it, and the Barometric / temp sensor works but to get a actual outside temp reading you have to take the watch off for about 20 minutes. Other than that I would recommend this watch to anyone who is an outdoor enthusiast, for the range, hiking or any other outdoor activity. Has all the bells and whistles you could want.
As my EDC watch it has everything I need. Next watch on the list is the Mudmaster.

I would love to see the G-shock come out with a actual GPS Satellite watch, Might be bigger case than the Rangemaster or Mudmaster but would make a great addition to their watch line.

Savoy1

EDC Scholar
I have the black model of that Gshock. It is one for my most worn watches. It gets a signal at 00:03 every morning that updates the time. I use this watch to set all my other watches and clocks in my house and car. Great piece of gear to have in your EDC.

sk33tr

EDC Master
I have the black model of that Gshock. It is one for my most worn watches. It gets a signal at 00:03 every morning that updates the time. I use this watch to set all my other watches and clocks in my house and car. Great piece of gear to have in your EDC.
unfortunately, i don't live inside a signal area, so mine can't get the updates. but it seems to keep pretty good time, nonetheless.