How do you organize your keys?

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
I have a bag to carry all my man purse stuff, and have found a slim wallet to cure my Costanza Phenomenon. My key ring is a different story. I have a lot of keys I need to have with me. Its taken a while to get them organized in a way that works for me. I like modular systems and my key ring is no exception.

- Nite Ize Keyrack Locker

Last edited:

1willi4

Why do I carry a 45? Because they don't make a .46
I've heard good and bad things about the Smartkey set up, con is that it ces loose alot. Have you had any issues with that? I need to organize mine. Right now it's a D ring and all my keys which I have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
As far as mine goes, I wouldn't call it loose, I'd call it broken in. The keys move quite freely in it. They don't flip out or open while its in my pocket. The screws stay tight. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it. My only complain is accessing a key isn't as fast as a typical key ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatLDK

EDC Scholar
I've heard good and bad things about the Smartkey set up, con is that it ces loose alot. Have you had any issues with that? I need to organize mine. Right now it's a D ring and all my keys which I have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have had mine since December of Last year. I have not had any looseness in the keys, they do take a bit more time to access my keys. But i have adjusted to the time and start getting them ready sooner. But i love mine! It is less bulk in my pocket.

Grinch

EDC Master
I have been playing around with Spring clips from the hardware store here lately with some paracord to make some cheap high functional EDC lanyards for keys and gear . Only been a few weeks carrying this setup but so far i am liking it .

jag-engr

EDC Apprentice
Here is my key system:

I've go 6 keys loaded into the Keyport, one of them a chipped auto key. The opposite side plate has a bulge in it that holds the chip.

Currently, I'm carrying the Keyport on the attached TEC P-7, which is a great system. I'm toying with the idea of replacing the P-7 with the Cogent Hookup clip, putting the Ti split ring on a leather loop, and using a belt-carry system.