Hyde Tools 42025 Mini Top Slide Utility Knife

parnass

EDC Apprentice
I bought this Hyde Tools 42025 Mini Top Slide Utility Knife recently from Amazon for about $7 US.

It is furnished with 3 blades and I bought an additional 5 spare blades and stored them inside the handle. The knife is made of cast metal in Taiwan.

Haven't had it long enough to write a credible review. Note that the handle is slippery. Adding grip tape may help.

It came with a small ball chain which I replaced with a split ring and a short length of gutted paracord as shown in the photo.

Link to the manufacturer's web page: http://www.hydetools.com/products/mini-top-slide-utility-knife

parnass

EDC Apprentice
I found the chrome case Hyde Tools 42025 Mini Top Slide Utility Knife to be quite slippery. Therefore, I used a Dremel rotary tool with reinforced cutting disk to cut grooves in the top and bottom of the knife and the lock button. The added grooves substantially improved the grip.

I've been using the Hyde Tools knife daily. It has proven to be better suited than a conventional knife for opening packages due to its sharp blade. Its small size makes it super easy to carry in a pocket.