If you only had 1 EDC item!

.... if you could only carry or have 1 edc item, what would it be?
For me it would be my PB-6 Zirconium Para-Biners because of what they can do for me. And I love Zirconium too!
As far as being cool looking to carry, I would get more use out of this then any 1 edc I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My CCW, 100%. Unless of course the interpretation doesn't allow for ammo, lol. Then it's some kind of insanely big blade because I must be on a desert island where those are acceptable, and perhaps even fashionable.
Saying you can have your CCW but not ammo is like saying you can have your folding knife but not the blade.

Also, yeah...mine is just a loaded gun if I can only carry one thing. In a truly dire situation, it's the only thing that can get me the other things I need. A wad of cash might be a good alternative, but there's always the possibility that the things I need are not for sale.

And, no, that's not plan A. Far from it. But, it's tremendously easy to present a situation in which a moral person becomes a theif or murderer...the traditional example involves a sick/dying child and a jerk pharmacist.

In actuality, my bare-minum not-leaving-the-house EDC is a full size gun, a knife, keys, phone, watch, and vape device. They're the things that when I need them, I don't want to go get them even at home.

Ben Rubinstein

Apocalypse Ready
I don't get the question. I need my phone, wallet and keys. I need my glasses and a time piece. All of those were necessary carries for two decades of carrying nothing else as edc and managing fine. Without any of those I could not function on a day to day basis, with perhaps the exception of the time piece. The idea of going out without money accessibility in favour of modern edc gadgets is ludicrous. Ditto a phone in a normal urban environment.

Reverence

EDC Journeyman
I don't get the question. I need my phone, wallet and keys. I need my glasses and a time piece. All of those were necessary carries for two decades of carrying nothing else as edc and managing fine. Without any of those I could not function on a day to day basis, with perhaps the exception of the time piece. The idea of going out without money accessibility in favour of modern edc gadgets is ludicrous. Ditto a phone in a normal urban environment.
Agreed.

If I had to pick one, it would depend on the situation. In an unkown urban envirornment, I would choose my wallet. Money and ID is important and can get you a lot. In A known urban environment a phone would very useful. Getting resources, help, and travel can be done with my phone. In a wilderness environment it would depend upon many different factors. In the wild, a knife would be high on the list, if not on the top.

Savoy1

EDC Scholar
In addition to my wallet, my pocket knife is my next most mandatory item. I carry my personal sidearm 99% of the time, mostly out of habit. That being said there is a 99.9% chance I will never need it for self defense. More than 99% of the people I know do not carry one and will never "need" one.

In addition to my wallet, my pocket knife is my next most mandatory item. I carry my personal sidearm 99% of the time, mostly out of habit. That being said there is a 99.9% chance I will never need it for self defense. More than 99% of the people I know do not carry one and will never "need" one.
But when that .1% chance occurs, you will be thankful you have it.

stbob

EDC Apprentice
A stash belt can do more than just hold up your pants...

Or would the stash constitute more than one edc item? If so, i'll just take the stash and do some sagging...

Exactly right! Which is why I went with the stopping power of the .357.
If you must fight, fight to win.
To each his own, but I actually disagree with that choice. To the same standard of accuracy, I'm about 40% faster with 9mm than 357 (comparing semi-auto to semi-auto) and much faster comparing semi to revolver. When you add in reloads, the difference is tremendous.

And it's almost trivial for me to carry 60 rounds of 9 on body. It actually conceals better than not having the reloads because it evens out to one bulge that looks like a belly instead of being lopsided (I carry it all up front). So, that's where I land. Crazy? Maybe. But I don't feel under-gunned, and it's comfortable and comforting.