Jek's Gear and Random Malarkey

mctacticool

Apocalypse Ready
How very vintage looking... I've been hunting for my grandfathers old cameras for years but have recently learned that they are lost... My dad is not really sure but he remembers helping him get rid of all the old camerastuff more than 20 years ago...

Sharaz_Jek

EDC Grand Master
How very vintage looking... I've been hunting for my grandfathers old cameras for years but have recently learned that they are lost... My dad is not really sure but he remembers helping him get rid of all the old camerastuff more than 20 years ago...
That sucks. :( I have my pap's old Polaroid Land Camera Model 8 with all the accessories but you can't get film for it anymore. :( I also have his 8mm movie camera. I need to order some film for that and play around with it a bit.

I bought my OM2000 when I took photography in college (1998). I wish I could find a good DSLR with all manual controls like that one. I tend to rely too much on auto settings and so on with my Nikon D60.

mctacticool

Apocalypse Ready
Sucks doesn’t even describe it... He also had some 8mm stuff, we are currently tracking down all the old videostuff from my dads childhood... We have a lead to where it might be but since my grandfather died in 1998 and there have been quite a bit of familydrama since then its a tough deal...

Back in the mid 60’s my grandparents was sailing for Maersk Line, my grandfather was an electrician on board and my grandmother a maid, and they travelled all around the world so having he’s old gear would really mean a lot to me, but for now its lost...

We got most of he’s slides though, so that’ll be awesome to look through someday...

Sharaz_Jek

EDC Grand Master
Sucks doesn’t even describe it... He also had some 8mm stuff, we are currently tracking down all the old videostuff from my dads childhood... We have a lead to where it might be but since my grandfather died in 1998 and there have been quite a bit of familydrama since then its a tough deal...

Back in the mid 60’s my grandparents was sailing for Maersk Line, my grandfather was an electrician on board and my grandmother a maid, and they travelled all around the world so having he’s old gear would really mean a lot to me, but for now its lost...

We got most of he’s slides though, so that’ll be awesome to look through someday...
Given his career, I'm sure he has some amazing photos in the slide collection. I can relate to the family drama, also. That kind of thing is always difficult. I went through some of that when my grandmother passed on (father's side). Didn't really bother me, though, since I hardly know my dad's side of the family. My grandparents on my mom's side are another story all together. I spent as much time with them than I did with my mom and my dad. My pap was, and still is, my role model.

EDIT:

mctacticool

Apocalypse Ready
Given his career, I'm sure he has some amazing photos in the slide collection. I can relate to the family drama, also. That kind of thing is always difficult. I went through some of that when my grandmother passed on (father's side). Didn't really bother me, though, since I hardly know my dad's side of the family. My grandparents on my mom's side are another story all together. I spent as much time with them than I did with my mom and my dad. My pap was, and still is, my role model.
Not to clutter up your thread with my problems but i've been dealing with family drama and 'fighting' my entire life and everytime i think something is going on the right track someone throws a curveball in to the mix... So when i sometimes joke about a cabin in the woods far away from everyone else its not really a joke...

Sharaz_Jek

EDC Grand Master
Not to clutter up your thread with my problems but i've been dealing with family drama and 'fighting' my entire life and everytime i think something is going on the right track someone throws a curveball in to the mix... So when i sometimes joke about a cabin in the woods far away from everyone else its not really a joke...
No worries. I understand about the cabin in the woods thing. I just don't care for people in general.

Sharaz_Jek

EDC Grand Master
A master doing her work. Actually their both good tattoo artists but what Bex can do with color is out of this world. When I finally pull the trigger on my Tank Girl tat I may have "R" do the outline and Bex do the color work.

That's all I want just this one but it's going to be pricey.

Sharaz_Jek

EDC Grand Master
So, I decided to start a blog since it has been years and years since I've done any real writing and boy am I rusty. I figure blogging is a good way to get that skill back. It's called "Tesla in the Æther". It will be mostly a tech blog but I will do some writing about EDC and travel too. So far I've done a post on generating ASCII art and how to listen to and track Amateur Radio satellites using gPredict.

Check it out if you like: https://teslaintheether.blogspot.com/

If anyone sees anything that needs corrected, let me know. I'm horrible at proofreading my own writing.

Anyone else have any Blogger blogs I could follow? Not following any yet.

mctacticool

Apocalypse Ready
So, I decided to start a blog since it has been years and years since I've done any real writing and boy am I rusty. I figure blogging is a good way to get that skill back. It's called "Tesla in the Æther". It will be mostly a tech blog but I will do some writing about EDC and travel too. So far I've done a post on generating ASCII art and how to listen to and track Amateur Radio satellites using gPredict.

Check it out if you like: https://teslaintheether.blogspot.com/

If anyone sees anything that needs corrected, let me know. I'm horrible at proofreading my own writing.

Anyone else have any Blogger blogs I could follow? Not following any yet.
I have bookmarked it, and will look closer once i'm more awake...

Check out my blog work in progress at thecameraoperator.wordpress.com