Just built a sleeping platform in the jeep

sk33tr

EDC Master
good stuff, man.

i've thought about making a platform for the bed of my truck. obviously it'd be open to the elements unless i wanted to make it real short so i could lay under the tonneau cover. of course i couldn't sit up unless i wanna bang my head on the cover, lol. but hopefully one day i'll have a shell on it. that'd make it easier to build a platform with a bit more head room.

what i'd like to do, actually, is build a set of drawers for the bed for storage. and i'd build the top with double thickness of 3/4" plywood and make the top the platform to lay on. i've watched numerous videos on how to build them. plus, i could still use the bed for hauling stuff if needed; it'd just be a bit less volume top to bottom.

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
good stuff, man.

i've thought about making a platform for the bed of my truck. obviously it'd be open to the elements unless i wanted to make it real short so i could lay under the tonneau cover. of course i couldn't sit up unless i wanna bang my head on the cover, lol. but hopefully one day i'll have a shell on it. that'd make it easier to build a platform with a bit more head room.

what i'd like to do, actually, is build a set of drawers for the bed for storage. and i'd build the top with double thickness of 3/4" plywood and make the top the platform to lay on. i've watched numerous videos on how to build them. plus, i could still use the bed for hauling stuff if needed; it'd just be a bit less volume top to bottom.
This is the one I would do to a truck.

sk33tr

EDC Master
yeah i've watched that video a few times. i like his approach to the slides; he made his own.

i'd also put some tie-down d-rings along the edges of the top.

nolaradio

EDC Grand Master
Found some scrap plywood while cleaning up the shed and decided to put it to use. Check it out.

Wish my wife would let me do something similar to that to her 4Runner.

Hail sucks but it keeps my wife employed at times. She's an estimator at a body shop.