Keychain Setup

XDSteve

Being prepared is a great feeling...
This is my current keychain setup. I try to stay minimal on these since they stay on me when I'm out of the house.
-Nite Ize #3 S-Biner
-Keys-Car key, house key, pad lock key and work desk key.
-Kingston Data Traveler 16gig
-Ohio State key ring(a gift from my father in law who has since passed away, will never take it off my ring)
-Leatherman Style CS
I really like the Leatherman. The scissors and bottle opener are my favs. But it also has a pair of tweezers, screwdriver (works in both flat and Phillips screws) and small blade. Forgot to add the pic again...Damn I'm off today.

1willi4

Why do I carry a 45? Because they don't make a .46
XDSteve said:
This is my current keychain setup. I try to stay minimal on these since they stay on me when I'm out of the house.
-Nite Ize #3 S-Biner
-Keys-Car key, house key, pad lock key and work desk key.
-Kingston Data Traveler 16gig
-Ohio State key ring(a gift from my father in law who has since passed away, will never take it off my ring)
-Leatherman Style CS
I really like the Leatherman. The scissors and bottle opener are my favs. But it also has a pair of tweezers, screwdriver (works in both flat and Phillips screws) and small blade. Forgot to add the pic again...Damn I'm off today.
What? No flashlight? Do we need to pull your card? Just kidding! I like the leatherman.

XDSteve

Give me a break brother.. lol...no I never leave home without my Microstream in my pocket. The only thing I want to add is a peanut lighter which I just haven't got to.

mfic

Ex-Boy Scout and Ex-Army I learned to be prepared
Have heard good and bad on the S-biner. What has been your experience with it.

XDSteve

Liberty's Teeth said:
mfic said:
Have heard good and bad on the S-biner. What has been your experience with it.
my wife likes hers. I hear its good for women and buckeyes :p
lol...thanks bro...It's alright, my Gerber Dime and my old Leatherman Style constantly fall off it though. I just like that I can pull my car key off and stuff the rest of them in my pocket so they're not all hanging there while i'm driving. Someday I might find a different solution but it works for what I need it for.

Six

Don't play stupid with me.....I'm better at it
Nice setup XD, I too am on that page, gotta have a multi-tool and a flash drive with me at all times. I keep a light on my keychain as well, but I have minimized to just those 3 items in addition to my keys, otherwise it starts getting nutty, well for me at least.

1willi4

Why do I carry a 45? Because they don't make a .46
Instead of a carabiner on my keys I keep a carabiner where I want to store my keys. I have a Grimlock nylon carabiner from County Comm on the right shoulder strap on my 5.11 Rush 24. When I get to work I put my personal keys on the Grimlock and put my work keys in my pocket. When I leave work I do the opposite. I never misplace my keys anymore nor do I have 2 sets of keys in my pocket.

Here's a link to the Grimlock.
http://countycomm.com/grimlock.html

Attachments

UofKfan-01

Non Timebo Mala- I will fear no evil
1willi4 said:
I never misplace my keys anymore nor do I have 2 sets of keys in my pocket.
This is what I'm talking about. As of now I have all my EDC gear on one ring and my keys on another ring. Need a tricked out way to combine the two. The grimlock looks awesome, just don't have a need for it. Trying to save on my cars ingition. My pocket dump is starting to get some weight to it. 8)