Moostapha's edc

SBG?

So, my next gun is either going to be a 2-stamp evil black rifle or a 1 stamp evil black pistol.

Talking to people at work (LGS), it looks like it's going to be an AR, not a scorpion.

What it boils down to....the scorpion would be theoretically hearing safe, while the AR would simply be limiting damage. 5.56 vor-tx is also apparently a fantastic round...very effective yet not too terrible for overpenetration.

But the AR would be a mk18, and everyone I talked to who's fired one said mk18 without even hesitating.

So, I'm probably going to do that.

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me

SBG?

So, my next gun is either going to be a 2-stamp evil black rifle or a 1 stamp evil black pistol.

Talking to people at work (LGS), it looks like it's going to be an AR, not a scorpion.

What it boils down to....the scorpion would be theoretically hearing safe, while the AR would simply be limiting damage. 5.56 vor-tx is also apparently a fantastic round...very effective yet not too terrible for overpenetration.

But the AR would be a mk18, and everyone I talked to who's fired one said mk18 without even hesitating.

So, I'm probably going to do that.

scary black gun :D

You can't go wrong with anything from Daniel Defense, as you already know.
Mine has been fantastic.

I said this over on edcf, but....the thing has been 100% from the first shot. It's only a few hundred rounds, but still...

I grew up with horror stories of m16s/m4s...how they're unreliable, how they spit garbage into the chamber, how servicemen wanted to ditch them for AKs, etc.. And, mine stays cleaner than any pistol I've shot. I think I disassembled the bolt once, at about the 250 round mark, and it was cleaner than my 1911 FP channel gets after 100 rounds.

I haven't cleaned the chamber yet, because I've been lazy about getting a chamber brush. All I really do is wipe off and lube the BCG, wipe off the inside of the upper, and sometimes run a lubed bore snake through it. And it's not a shelf gun....I run it in cabine/pistol matches and occasionally train for them.

It gets bonked into stuff, shot about as fast as I can pull the trigger on close targets and as fast as I can get a sight picture for still pretty close targets, ditched in barrels...and now I'm carrying it to work with me because apparently gun shops are higher than normal risk for armed robbery and smash&grab attempts.

It's a fantastic gun.

I really don't want to use it if I don't have to. That compensator makes it insanely loud...instant, permanent, noticeable hearing loss loud. Hence the desire for something quieter.

And, yeah....it would be a Daniel Defense. Probably black this time. Because, well...it's a mk18.

I'm still getting over the sticker shock, but, well....I work in an LGS. The sales training-based industry discounts are just too good to pass up. And I have the money. I'm out of reasons not to do it unless my wife will kill me for it, which she probably won't.

@moostapha "here" is good old Germany. Bavaria to be precise. ;)
Where in Bavaria? I stayed with a family friend on the south side of Munich for a while one summer. That was a really fun place.
@moostapha What is the grill looking item below the barrel of the AR?
It's a Raven Concealment Pocket Shield. It's relatively rigid but curl-able plastic that you can use to hold things in a pocket. I use it so my knife and light clips don't snag on things I run into....I've almost lost a few very nice knives that way.

They're....weird. But they work well as long as your pockets are the right size.

I really should do a new bag load out post. But, I'm not really happy with it at the moment. The trident-20 I've been carrying is a little bulky for the lockers at work, and I think the organization is a little over-zealous. But, I don't have a better one right now.

The carry is basic stuff, extra mags for both guns, and boo-boo and trauma supplies up to my limited ability.