dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
Thanks, its been a project to get it to this point

Expedition Overland is an excellent channel. I watch it all the time

mctacticool

Apocalypse Ready
It has definatelly given me the desire to do more roadtrips/car based vacation... Just cant get the wife to sleep in a tent... Shes more of a 'glamper' and not a camper...

mctacticool

Apocalypse Ready
Something like that would be awesome... I'm also thinking about maybe a landcruiser, we have these as camper-versions in europe or some kind of pickup with a camper-thingie for the truck-bed...

dmak

Staff member
Global Mod
Roof top tent is on my list. I've been building a micro overland trailer to take wheeling with me and think about a rooftop tent on it.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Some of the hard-shell roof tents are super nice. Easy to deploy and stow, plus they have a built in mattress. Plus, I like the idea of being elevated off the ground. Fewer pests to deal with and you get a better breeze.

dmak

Staff member
Global Mod
I've recently injured my back and have found it a little rough backpacking, which is sad because backpacking is something I love doing. Anyone that knows me personally can attest to how frequent I'm playing in the backcountry. I've been forced to figure out a way to still be able to get out into the middle of nowhere and do my thing. The answer was simple; build a rig that can go places most others can't. It will be a long-term project, but damn its fun to go overland . The wife has gotten onboard 100% cause now she can bring the luxuries out camping.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
I've recently injured my back and have found it a little rough backpacking, which is sad because backpacking is something I love doing. Anyone that knows me personally can attest to how frequent I'm playing in the backcountry. I've been forced to figure out a way to still be able to get out into the middle of nowhere and do my thing. The answer was simple; build a rig that can go places most others can't. It will be a long-term project, but damn its fun to go overland . The wife has gotten onboard 100% cause now she can bring the luxuries out camping.
I'm happy you've found a hobby both of you can enjoy together. I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool pics.