QuodErat EDC and sundries

QuodErat

Apocalypse Ready
Hello, all. Lots of friends here from the former location--but obviously, a brief intro is warranted. I'm a "retired" musician for whom EDC has become a new way of life (the last three years or so). I tend to collect knives, more than anything else, and my daily carry is minimal by some standards. I've always been an urban character--little or no experience with the great outdoors. I guess I can fill in other details as we go, so let's see if I can get some pictures loaded.:)

IMG_1835c
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

QuodErat

Apocalypse Ready
Here's a Mini Skinner, fabricated by a Kansas knifemaker. I bought it at a knife/gun expo 20 years ago; it's like the fourth or fifth knife I ever purchased. I've never displayed it before, so it seems fitting that it should make its debut here in the new abode.

IMG_1904b
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

IMG_1905a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

The maker's name is Max Smith--I believe he had some regional renown.

The blade is just over 2-1/2" from tip to hilt, and is made of cable Damascus--very unusual. I'll try to get some better pics later so you can see the texture of the metal. The handle is elk antler, with an ox spacer. Finally, the guard and buttcap are of brass. The sheath is also of the maker's own design. Both the knife and the sheath bear his logo: a roadrunner. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited: