QuodErat EDC and sundries

Eafengrow folding knife. My first friction folder--and at $12, a no-brainer.

IMG_1910a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

IMG_1924c
by Quod Erat, on Flickr
I love the look of that thing! How thick is the blade behind the edge? Wondering because it looks like that would make a great leatherwork knife for me, I don't have a sheepsfoot blade on anything currently.

QuodErat

Apocalypse Ready
I love the look of that thing! How thick is the blade behind the edge? Wondering because it looks like that would make a great leatherwork knife for me, I don't have a sheepsfoot blade on anything currently.
I'll try to shoot some different angles tomorrow so you can judge for yourself. It's pretty thin behind the edge and curves outward noticeably around the last 30% before the flats. I'm guessing it would serve well for precise, shallow cuts.

I'll try to shoot some different angles tomorrow so you can judge for yourself. It's pretty thin behind the edge and curves outward noticeably around the last 30% before the flats. I'm guessing it would serve well for precise, shallow cuts.
That's what I was thinking, thanks! I'm trying to search the internet to find out if it's really D2 or one of the chinese Mov steels which don't really hold an edge. It's an easy enough test, D2 will patina. :)

QuodErat

Apocalypse Ready
The flipper blade is Sandvik, the fixed blade is of CPM-S30V.

Length and width of the blades appear to be identical,though the fixed blade stock looks positively massive alongside the flipper. I don't have calipers, so I can't ascertain the thickness. The overall weight balance on the fixie is still pretty good, and I do find the extra heft reassuring. :cool:

IMG_1951a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

While the handle profiles are remarkably similar, the scales on the fixed version have been trimmed back to expose the tang (and lanyard hole) all around.

IMG_1948a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

IMG_1945a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

IMG_1946a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

Finally, the forward part of the flipper scale is extended along the spine, apparently to accommodate the blade-stops.

IMG_1942a
by Quod Erat, on Flickr

Hope that answers some questions.