Scratches on watch face

Kaibab270

EDC Apprentice
Anybody have luck getting scratches out of a watch face? I've seen the toothpaste method but haven't tried it. Any other options if that doesn't work? It's just a Wenger Swiss Military so if it cant be fixed, no biggie. It's not a super deep scratch but definitely more than a little scuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
Dremel, buffing wheel and some compound could do it.

With my nice watches, I get Zagg invisisheild screen protectors. Keeps the watch faces in pristine condition

TonySal

EDC Master
Anybody have luck getting scratches out of a watch face? I've seen the toothpaste method but haven't tried it. Any other options if that doesn't work? It's just a Wenger Swiss Military so if it cant be fixed, no biggie. It's not a super deep scratch but definitely more than a little scuff.

Kaibab270

EDC Apprentice
Yeah there's a few videos of people doing it. Toothpaste is a very fine abrasive and "polishes" the face. I'm thinking the scratch on mine is a bit deep for toothpaste but I'll find out. Just looking for alternatives if it doesn't work.

WinonaRail

EDC Grand Master
Unfortunately it all depends on the material used for the crystal. I tried the toothpaste trick on a scuffed up Citizen Eco-Drive. It shines and smells great but had no effect on the scratches. It's worth a try though.

Kaibab270

EDC Apprentice
Well I finally got around to trying the toothpaste method. Needless to say the scratch is still there but MAYBE a tiny better than before, not really noticeable in the picture. I'll probably just leave it the way it is. Battery is dead so I took it apart to see what I needed. Anyone who cares, it appears to be a Ronda one jewel movement (maybe a 505 or 703?) powered by a 371 battery. Not too bad for a 15 year old $50 watch. I think I found it at Big 5 sporting goods of all places.

Last edited: