Share Photos of your Writing Gear...

Thought we could use a thread for sharing pictures of our writing gear, pens, pencils, notepads, etc.

Just got this for Christmas -- a Karas Kustoms Retrakt pen. Takes a Pilot G2 refill, and can modified to fit a few other refill types, too. Looks like a real beast in the tumbled raw aluminum finish, but nice and light weight!

Last edited:

ArnieJB

EDC Scholar
I'm a big fan of fountain pens and carry one daily. Here are a few of my favorites:

TWSBI Vac Mini (current EDC)

Pilot Vanishing Point (Black Carbonesque)

Pilot Custom 74

I also have a Hinderer Investigator pen in blue aluminum with a Fisher space pen insert that is extremely durable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about getting that exact same pen. How well does it write? Hopefully as good as it looks!
@Ktbartholomew22 The Retrakt writes very nicely with the Pilot G2 refill. The width of the pen is a bit bigger than the standard G2 plastic barreled pen, but it's still pretty comfortable. The copper and brass bodies look cool, but I think the weight would be a little tough. The aluminum body though -- it feels super light compared to how it looks!

@Ktbartholomew22 The Retrakt writes very nicely with the Pilot G2 refill. The width of the pen is a bit bigger than the standard G2 plastic barreled pen, but it's still pretty comfortable. The copper and brass bodies look cool, but I think the weight would be a little tough. The aluminum body though -- it feels super light compared to how it looks!
Yea the aluminum is the one I plan to get. I just have to go ahead and order it instead of thinking about it every day!