Show us your SureFires...

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
At the cost of Surefires I doubt anyone will hold "just one" against you. Besides, it looks fantastic on that Springfield MC.
I'll probably end up getting a handheld eventually to see what all the hype is about, but I feel there are better options at much lower costs.

With that said.....

There are so many so called "weapon lights" and then there are Surefires. I'll eventually have a SF on each of my firearms. I'm about to throw an XC1 on my g23 in the next week or two (and eventually my g30). The AK wears a Fenix TK15 right now, which has been a great setup for the last 3 years. It will probably see an x400u with the green laser when I decide I can spend $700 on a weapons light. That's a little while from now.

And yes, the MC/X300 combo look llike they were made for each other

Luck is the by-product of preperation and opportunity colliding. Stay Lucky!

ManVsLawn

EDC Grand Master
I'll probably end up getting a handheld eventually to see what all the hype is about, but I feel there are better options at much lower costs.

With that said.....

There are so many so called "weapon lights" and then there are Surefires. I'll eventually have a SF on each of my firearms. I'm about to throw an XC1 on my g23 in the next week or two (and eventually my g30). The AK wears a Fenix TK15 right now, which has been a great setup for the last 3 years. It will probably see an x400u with the green laser when I decide I can spend $700 on a weapons light. That's a little while from now.

And yes, the MC/X300 combo look llike they were made for each other

eventually I want a light for my Glock 19. What model would you suggest, good sir?

TIA

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
Currently, I have a Streamlight tlr-4 on my g23. Its OK, but its not quite right.

Personally I only see two options for a true handgun light and they are both Surefire. Either you go big and bright with the x300 style, or you go super compact with the XC1.

I'm waiting till the end of the month to get my xc1 so I can't speak too much about it yet. I have played with one and have to get it because I think it solves the dilemma of comfortably being able to CCW in an IWB with a light attached.

The Surefire x300u fits very nicely on the g19 frame. See it on my g23 below. I carry my 1911 IWB with my SF attached and have minimal issues. If you want a single light that you can mount on any long/hand gun with a rail, that is bright as sh%t and built like a Sherman Tank, get the the x300u. It will easily cover all CQB/MQB engagement needs you will ever encounter.

If you want a smaller concealable option that is better served as a CQB light; get an XC1. Its throw is wider to light up rooms easier and the softer beam wont totally kill your night vission.

WheelgunBob

EDC Master
I like the Body but the switch is wonky, I've replaced it with a new one from them but it's still funky. And to buy the other type they sell for it needs to much modification to get it to fit.
Well, looks go a long way, anyhow. Too much mod may not be worth the end state. I bought the C2 posted above for $20. It took a lot of internal struggling to justify the Malkoff upgrade. Ultimately, the fact I got it from a buddy in Afghanistan and that it's traveled with me to other parts of the world won out. Otherwise it'd just sit on my workbench.

Keith1234

EDC Master
Well, looks go a long way, anyhow. Too much mod may not be worth the end state. I bought the C2 posted above for $20. It took a lot of internal struggling to justify the Malkoff upgrade. Ultimately, the fact I got it from a buddy in Afghanistan and that it's traveled with me to other parts of the world won out. Otherwise it'd just sit on my workbench.
The instructions they have to install the other type switch requires you to enlarge the hole for the rubber boot with a dremel, I'm just afraid it will be a wasted effort or that I will mess it up and make the hole too large. I do like the body with the attached pocket clip.