Show Your Paracord Items Here

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Paracord is such a handy item to have as it can be used for so many different things. I've seen several different ways to "carry" paracord, from bracelets and lanyards to handle wraps etc.

Go ahead and share your pictures of paracord gear/items here.

Attachments

TactiCool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Staff member
Global Mod
Charter Member
Re: Post Your Paracord Items Here

A few paracord items i have close by. Thinking about making some slings but haven't started on them yet.

Attachments

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

Nice paracord items. What is the long khaki colored one connected to?

TactiCool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Staff member
Global Mod
Charter Member

MIKE said:
Nice paracord items. What is the long khaki colored one connected to?
Its one of my go bags i keep by my desk.

dfoland

Keep your powder dry

TactiCool said:
A few paracord items i have close by. Thinking about making some slings but haven't started on them yet.
From experience you might want to lock up the cat in another room if you have one because you'll have 550 everywhere and they can't resist it. or maybe she was trying to help tie it in knots for me lol

TactiCool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Staff member
Global Mod
Charter Member

dfoland said:
TactiCool said:
From experience you might want to lock up the cat in another room if you have one because you'll have 550 everywhere and they can't resist it. or maybe she was trying to help tie it in knots for me lol
Thankfully my cat is to lazy to mess with the paracord, lol

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

dfoland said:
You've got that right. Our cat is constantly attacking the loose ends of cord while I'm making stuff.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

Do you know of a method to make two-tone bracelets without splicing colors?

Coyote

Only Believe

MIKE said:
Do you know of a method to make two-tone bracelets without splicing colors?
Here ya go. Just make sure your center color is in front of the trim color, and starts with the short end on the left (which will be the length of your piece). The other color goes behind, with the short end on the right...until you fold it in front to become a center piece. You just need to be deliberate with the first knot, keeping everything in place. After that you can adjust the loop, then go to town. Some pics I took real quick:

Attachments

Coyote

Only Believe

MIKE said:
Excellent. Thanks for the helpful tip!
Glad to help. When I make them with a buckle (which I do for everyone else I make them for), it's a lot easier lol, but this is easy too, once you do it a time or two :)

Coyote

Only Believe

That looks sweet. It's almost like a small loom :)
I learned to do it all in my hands, without having to tie it off anywhere, which works for messing with this stuff while sitting in a recliner watching the idiot box, or even when camping. But I bet you will be able to do more things than I with this set up.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

I did the same thing and learned by hand first. However this jig will help me stay more consistent with wrist sizes and also speed up the process. Looking forward to making some lanyard for all my crap.

Thanks Coyote! He is getting better and better. I am going to post his AR & Shotgun sling as soon as I get time to take pictures of them!

Coyote

Only Believe

Those had to take a long time. My hatband and necklace took forever, so I can't imagine a sling.