Show Your Paracord Items Here

MikeT

I love God, my wife, friends, and life's quirks.
Re: Post Your Paracord Items Here

JOSH said:
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this 'accidental ingenuity'
I didn't plan for this to be an attachment loop, but discovered that it works pretty well.
Brilliant solution! Looks cool too.

Coyote said:
I'm going to an Oktoberfest tonight, so thought I would make an "Autumn" bracelet. Shown are the inner layer and the completed bracelet.
I usually hate the color orange (being a Texas A&M Aggie...WHOOP!), but those colors look bad ass. Where did you get that paracord?

Coyote

Only Believe

Thanks man. Coyote Brown and Goldenrod came from Grand Prairie Knives. Orange Camo and Fall Camo came from Paracord.Com.

Post Your Paracord Items Here

UofKfan-01 said:
I know this has been covered. But where is a good place to get some cord? I've been buying from my local surplus store, but he just doesn't have the colors or inventory that I need.

thanks everybody
Check out paracord planet, they have a ton of different colors/patterns

UofKfan-01

Non Timebo Mala- I will fear no evil

JOSH said:
UofKfan-01 said:
I know this has been covered. But where is a good place to get some cord? I've been buying from my local surplus store, but he just doesn't have the colors or inventory that I need.

thanks everybody
Check out paracord planet, they have a ton of different colors/patterns
thanks josh

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod

I decided to make a removable side handle for my 5.11 bag. Makes it 10 times easier to lug this thing in and out of cars, buses, trains and planes

dmak

Staff member
Global Mod

I used a a four strand circle stitch with a 2 strand core. Its the same weave I used for my dog leash, and yes, its beefy as hell. I think I could tow a car with this thing. For the stitch it requires 4 strands (2 strands folded in half). Every 12 inches of finalized weave equals 4x4.5 foot strands (two 9 foot strands folded in half). The handle I made is between 12 and 14 inches long (2x10 foot strands with a 14 inch loop tied as the 2 strand core)

http://www.boondoggleman.com/prj_circle_stitch.htm

dmak

Staff member
Global Mod

Admslc,in 7 monthes you and I are going to have a paracord month. I've learned so many new weaves and stitches

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member

Wanted to revive this thread with a weave I haven't seen before. While browsing some EDC results in G+, I stumbled upon this post from a blog called <a href="http://blog.swiss-paracord.ch/racing-style-armband/#.Ui5rY8bkvVL">Swiss Paracord</a>. Strangely the post was written in German, so I translated the instructions into English below. I also think this weave could be used to make an interesting spin on the "Thin Blue Line" weave to honor law enforcement personnel.

Material part of Cobra

approximately 3.50m paracord (black)
1 pcs. Acetalverschluss

Material "King" Cobra part

approximately 1.70 m Paracord (back)
approximately 1.70 m Paracord (white)
about 2 x 0:40 m Paracord (black) without core network
approximately 2x 0:40 m Paracord (neon orange) without core network

Total time about 1 hour

I looked through this entire thread and was disappointed that i did not see any "monkey's fists" they work great as an alternative to the grappling hooks if your only tossing a line over a limb or something like that. I don't have any pictures of the ones I have tied unfortunately. I also use the monkey's fist for the knot at the end of my bracelets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Paracordist

EDC Apprentice
MIKE said:
Hopefully my new paracord jig will arrive this week so I can create some new dual tone stuff.

Mike I hope it arrived or I'm in trouble! I just joined and started browsing. Saw paracord thread, scrolled down and boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paracordist

EDC Apprentice
MIKE said:
Love those tomahawks.

Have you tried using wet paracord when wrapping to see if it will shrink and tighten like leather? Curious if that will make for a tighter wrap.
I did a video on post shrinking with boiling water (after item is made dry). Makes handle wraps super tight.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Paracordist said:
MIKE said:
Hopefully my new paracord jig will arrive this week so I can create some new dual tone stuff.

Mike I hope it arrived or I'm in trouble! I just joined and started browsing. Saw paracord thread, scrolled down and boom!

Yep, it arrived quickly and was put to immediate use. Thanks for joining the forum!

MIKE said:
Paracordist said:
MIKE said:

Yep, it arrived quickly and was put to immediate use. Thanks for joining the forum!
glad to be here!

Xader

MIKE said:
Wanted to revive this thread with a weave I haven't seen before. While browsing some EDC results in G+, I stumbled upon this post from a blog called Swiss Paracord. Strangely the post was written in German, so I translated the instructions into English below. I also think this weave could be used to make an interesting spin on the "Thin Blue Line" weave to honor law enforcement personnel.

Material part of Cobra

approximately 3.50m paracord (black)
1 pcs. Acetalverschluss

Material "King" Cobra part

approximately 1.70 m Paracord (back)
approximately 1.70 m Paracord (white)
about 2 x 0:40 m Paracord (black) without core network
approximately 2x 0:40 m Paracord (neon orange) without core network

Total time about 1 hour

So, looks like it's a King Cobra, where the top run of the second weave alternates weaving under two extra strands.

Seems like something TIAT would come up with...