The Orange Monster

mfic

Ex-Boy Scout and Ex-Army I learned to be prepared
Just found this part of the forum and had to throw in my 2 cents.

I wanted an inexpensive and tough automatic watch for a long time. Did my research and settled on the Seiko Orange Monster model SKX781.

To start with it is a big, heavy chunk of stainless steel. Double clasp full SS bracelet with a dive extension. 20mm lug spacing. Many band choices in this size. Water proof to 200 meters. Time, day, and date. Nothing more.

To me the best part of this watch is the legibility. Night or day you KNOW what time it is with a glance. Short of active lume watch brands (Luminox, Traser, or others with Tritium tubes) the Orange Monster can't be beat. It takes a charge and keeps it all night every night.

Google it and read a few reviews. There are sites that are dedicated to this watch as well. If you shop around it can be had for around USD $200. Keep an eye out as there is also a rubber watch band version. Make sure you are getting the SS bracelet if that is what you are looking for.

Here is the current Amazon link for starters.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EPLR2G?ie=UTF8&tag=orangemonster-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000EPLR2G

Enjoy.