Vehicle Bag,Just in Case.

EZDog

EDC Master
I took these and posted elswhere Today and I might as well echo that post here!

Here is one of 3 bags that I have that are fitted out about the same way.
One rides in each car all the time and I take all 3 cars on cross country trips several times a year so they are really designed to get me from anywhere to ? for the most part.

Oh and there are big water bottles in each side pocket too which I forgot to take out,gotta love the Rush 24!
I can't believe that all of this fits and I took away a 2nd big tarp I didn't even realize was in there?

I needed to rotate some of this stuff anyway!

Husky is FAK
Compression Sack is SnugPak Desert Bag
Plastic case is Esbit Stove
Red Bag is Fire
Filter is rolled inside water bag
I like to make sure that I can eat!

I will always have at least 2-1aa lights on me and a small HT too

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod

One rides in each car all the time and I take all 3 cars on cross country trips several times a year so they are really designed to get me from anywhere to ? for the most part.

Oh and there are big water bottles in each side pocket too which I forgot to take out,gotta love the Rush 24!
I can't believe that all of this fits and I took away a 2nd big tarp I didn't even realize was in there?

Husky is FAK
Red Bag is Fire

Very nice ready pack loadout. How do you like the snug pack desert bag?

Luck is the by-product of preparation and opportunity colliding. Stay Lucky!

EZDog

EDC Master
Very nice ready pack loadout. How do you like the snug pack desert bag?

I like it pretty much overall but it could always be a little longer too?

I read a lot before choosing that one and it seems well made and has features that others did not but why oh why can't they just make them a little longer?
It is like they forget we might have big feet?

On that note why don't car seats slide back further?
They are already on a track so how could it cost more to just make them slide enough for everyone?!?!?!

Anyway I have used the bag maybe 10 times and it is comfy and light and still in one piece and I use it on the couch a lot when zoned out on front of the TV too.

Mainly I am happy with how small it gets,I was torn between this and the Wiggys bag but that one does not seem as compressible to me.

nolaradio

EDC Grand Master
Nice to see someone else who thinks the same as I do and packs some toilet paper. I'm always amazed at the amount of people that will carry three or more days worth of food in their car without toilet paper.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

sk33tr

EDC Master
Nice to see someone else who thinks the same as I do and packs some toilet paper. I'm always amazed at the amount of people that will carry three or more days worth of food in their car without toilet paper.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.
i can't agree more on this point. one of the first things i put in when i was putting together my ghb, was a full roll of toilet paper. it's sealed in a food saver vacuum-sealed bag (which i need to put inside a zip-loc bag in case it ever gets used) and is the first item in the main compartment of the bag.

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
i can't agree more on this point. one of the first things i put in when i was putting together my ghb, was a full roll of toilet paper. it's sealed in a food saver vacuum-sealed bag (which i need to put inside a zip-loc bag in case it ever gets used) and is the first item in the main compartment of the bag.
One of the main staples of my EDC bag is the packet of wet wipes and the packet of kleenex. It's as important to me as my firearm, I pray I don't need it, but when I do, i thank God I have it

Grandpa Patch

EDC Apprentice

Husky is FAK
Red Bag is Fire

I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like a little redundancy (Always A Good Thing {AaGT}) such as the knives, orange match containers, rubber bands (always come in handy for something), I'm a guessing redundancy as you are probably already carrying your EDC. The orange match containers are great for a lot of things and that gives you multiple 'strike areas' for matches, just in case Old Man Murphy (Murphy's Law) shows up. Very nice setup. Thanks for the photos.

Cyclops

EDC Apprentice
Hi all, to join in here on topic, I drive an older Honda Odyssey, purchased it very used about two years ago.
Previous owner had kids that literally destroyed the back seats, so I removed all the rear seats including the fold away very rear seat.
The compartment that that seat folded into is now a hidden storage bin for my gear and the remainder of the area is large enough to stretch out for sleeping, so there's plenty of room for a porta pot too.
I know an older Odyssey isn't an ego booster but having everything you need is, plus it's greyman as hell, nobody even looks twice at it unlike a murdered out 4X4.

Back a number of years ago I lived for a while on a small sailboat and learned a lot about how to be self contained in a small living space including how to live with a prota pot in the same room and not get grossed out, which one worked the best for sealing up and for servicing, (emptying).
Being an older person there are things you think of that others seem to not concerned about as they display all the knife's, ways to make fire and a huge trauma kit, sleeping systems, almost every thing in triplicate except for dealing with the one thing most take for granted.

I saw in one or two of the posts above "Wet Wipes", there are at least three travel packs of those in my main bag and two of the larger ones in the van it's self.
Not only for what has been mentioned but for hands, face, and general body cleaning, after meal cleaning, you think about being out in the rough for a few days with only enough water to drink, what if it turns out to be several weeks?
You're not going to waste it washing your face or other area's that start to itch.
Then you'll end up getting sick from the lack of hygiene, rashes, ect.
To dispose of the used ones is just as easy, they don't go in the poti, they go in a plastic shopping bag and left outside, not much chance of the bag being taken, if they do take it they won't take the second one,,,,,,,,

Anyway, enough about that, another thing that might be added to your bags are garden pruning shears for getting through the berry vines, can even use them to clear enough out of a large patch of black berries to have a shelter concealed in the middle, machete's don't do so well chopping or clearing them but the shears do, and a lot less energy is used, less noise and even less chance of a deflected swing injury.

Up here in the NW the mounds of black berries can be very useful, and it's fairly easy to clear the center of the mound and have the entrance concealed too.

I'm sure most of you think I'm nuts but when you reach your sixties you learn from a lot of mistakes, like running out of TP before you run out of food.
And I see something else a lot in these forums, the phrase " two is one and one is none" when I was living and sailing off shore, one is all you got so don't lose it!

Last edited:

Cyclops

EDC Apprentice
Hi, back again with a few after thoughts, I decided a year ago to load out the food & water supply in the van and leave it for an entire year to see if anything spoiled, two weeks ago I swapped out he water and tuna fish packets, water was still good, and the tuna packs surprised me, they were at their expiration date then and still good now.
I have several packets int eh van edc and four in my Mobius 36 hr bag, for the bag I found for the van I searched for quite a while, all the surplus and goodwill stores in our area, stumbled onto a new surplus store off the beaten track and there on the wall was a hard side Meidcs bag from the desert action area, about a 50 liter off brand or discontinued as that I find nothing of it on the net, it's got the brand name of StarPacks on it.
My bags compliment each other, the Mobius can get me through 36hrs no problem, the main bag will sustain me for a week easy, even if I have to leave the van and hoof it, it goes onto a folding hand truck along with a trauma kit I put together of things that will be shared if need be.
I had thought of using a golf bag on wheels, and they do hold a lot but the chassis are weak and can't deal with rough terrain, then I experimented with an old shopping cart that could be dis-assembled and stored flat but then again if the terrain gets much beyond a sidewalk or road then it's useless, so a folding hand-truck is what I settled on, to explain, my back ain't what it used to be and so more than 15lbs on my person is going to incapacitate me in a very short time.
My stove is a solid fuel stove, it's called a Chef Stove and came with a cooking pot that will boil 2 cups water in about 8 min. so I stocked up on the solid fuel pellet's, the pot itself has an unusual bottom to it the absorbs more heat than the stnadard flat bottom pots so it boils quicker with less heat, it was another one on of those off the wall products found at a sports & outdoor store, very inexpensive.

When I packed the main bag I left enough extra room in it for food & water, and that's another thing I see int he video's and forums, the bags stuffed to the compression straps, you should always leave room to add things as you might come across them on the adventure home.

I'm also building a molly vest to hold a few lite weight things and a 3 liter hydration bag, things dry up around here come summer time so the extra water will come in handy on the hoof home.

I have two 9's, one compact and a sub compact, Lionhear LH9c and a Sig P938, the Linoheart has Novac night sights the Sig came from the factory with a laser that I switched out for a CTC forward control red laser.
My walking stick is topped with a Cold Steel spear head, not sure I'll need much else.

Cyclops

EDC Apprentice
OK, one more after thought,,,,,,,
About the pruning shears, I discovered just how useful they are against a wall of black berries not long ago, we have a back lot at our shop with several old cars that are now over grown with black berry vines and the employer wanted to get some parts from one of them, I was the one delegated to get them.
In my van I always carry a cheap machete so that was the weapon of choice for the task and out I went leather gloves and the machete, didn't take long to realize that the vines that were being drug by the moving machete weren't nice at all if they hooked you, I tried several different types of slash cuts but none seemed very efficient, more dragging than cutting plus the danger of striking the car under them so back in the van I had a pair of hand garden pruning shears, thought what the heck, man they were perfect for the task, snipping the vines was very easy to control where they went, no dragging nothing dangerous at all, plus I also discovered the the hornets didn't seem to mind as much, yes there are hornets in them berry patches, and hacking away with a machete seemed to anger them but cutting them with shears was acceptable to them until I ventured a bit too close to the nest,,,,,,,,,,,
Even then after clearing everything out that I cut away after a short time the hornets went else where, I do have a better SOG jungle machete but the shears seemed a lot less strenuous and a bit faster, one car was completely and I mean completely covered by several feet of vine and that was kind of a kick to borrow my way into the car underneath.
I had removed all the vines around the car from inside the mound, it was kinda cool, when I got done I just tossed a few of the vines back over the opening I made in the mound and you couldn't tell there was a C class Benz there at all.

There's a Mitsubishi Eclipse and a Honda Insite buried back there too that is next weeks project, they've been there a year or two longer than the C class was.
oh well, I get paid by the hour so what the heck, right?