Watches with compass?

Judas

Hey gang.. I'm looking for a watch with a compass, it can either be digital or analog, doesn't matter to me, as long as its not outrageously bulky or what not.

I know G-Shock makes one, but I'm looking to see what else my options are. My price range is not to exceed $200-300.

XDSteve

Being prepared is a great feeling...
I've done some research on this and the Suunto Core watches look amazing and can be found in your price range. Good luck. http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Altimeter-Watch-Reviews/Suunto-Core

FallenXJustice

I own a 5.11 Tatical Field Ops watch. It has a digital compass which is why I got it. Also it comes with a ballistics calculator. I am no sniper but it's a nice option to have as I do plan on getting a rifle eventually. It lists for 235 dollars and I got insanely lucky and found a new one wore once for 110 dollars. I love the watch but I have to say the watch is large in size and the band is thick. For me it's perfect I love the size and the band thickness but I understand it's not for everyone. Look into it though.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Watches/Field-Ops-Watch-New-Design.html

hawk652

EDC Journeyman
check out the g-shock mudman. the scorpion model is awesome looking. I also like the Tissot t-touch

AdmSlc

Stay Sharp!
Semper Praesidio said:
How quickly do these watches with the digital compasses drain the battery?

Semper Praesidio
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd say quite quickly if you're always using all the functions. This pathfinder takes 4 or 5 batteries and costs almost $50 to have them replaced.

-AdmSlc

Semper Praesidio

EDC Journeyman
AdmSlc said:
Semper Praesidio said:
How quickly do these watches with the digital compasses drain the battery?

Semper Praesidio
I'd say quite quickly if you're always using all the functions. This pathfinder takes 4 or 5 batteries and costs almost $50 to have them replaced.

-AdmSlc
So, are we talking about a once a year replacement? How frequent?

Semper Praesidio

AdmSlc

Stay Sharp!
The first year or two yes.. Because you'll play with the functions all the time. After that probably every 3 years.

-AdmSlc

CSM-101

EDC Scholar
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd bump this one. I've been wearing a Timex Ironman of one style or another
since I was in the 10th grade but lately I've been thinking about buying a watch with a compass. While I love my Ironman
I'm not that crazy about the looks of the Expeditions, the Casio Pathfinders are OK, and the Suunto's are nice but one
of those would equal the price of all the watches I've owned in my life... ever :D Recommendations?

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
I've worn a Solar Pathfinder pretty much everyday for the last 8 years. Still keeps a full charge. Sensors are still accurate. I got it at Costco years ago for like $150ish. Its been worth its weight in gold

Typed by my sad little thumbs on this tiny ass screen. Sorry for typos!

Desertratt1322

EDC Master
Been wearing my Casio Pathfinder for about 6 years love it, but looking to go to a solar later. The Compass works great and sensors are still working good. replaced the battery several times and still a great watch. I'll try and upload a picture later tonight of it.

Here is the picture of my Casio Pathfinder

Last edited:

BOOM!

EDC Master
I absolutely love my Protrek, it's been on my wrist for over 2 years now. I consider it my most reliable compass when GPS isn't available for some reason:

Mine is the PRG-200 GB-3:

The latest one is the PRG-3000 I believe, I suggest you check that one out @CSM-101 . Good to see you here by the way

Last edited: