What about smart watches?

Kaibab270

EDC Apprentice
Are they considered blasphemy around here? I received a Fitbit Versa from a very generous family friend for Christmas and I actually really like it. I admire a nice watch but dont have a collection. Yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
Not around here. I wear a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and like it.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Are they considered blasphemy around here? I received a Fitbit Versa from a very generous family friend for Christmas and I actually really like it. I admire a nice watch but dont have a collection. Yet.

I appreciate smartwatches and enjoy seeing how people wear them. Many of today's smartwatches can be customized in numerous ways, whether it's a custom wristband or screen display.

moostapha

EDC Master
Definitely not blasphemy.

I don't personally care that much about the difference between mechanical, quartz, smart, etc.. If it blows your hair back, awesome.

That being said, for almost purely aesthetic reasons, I don't see myself wearing only a smart watch. Wearing 2 watches...that is something I've seriously considered. I'd love to leave my phone on silent 24/7 and have a thing that does very basic notifications (as in, this app or this person sent you a message/call, plus alarms).

That's basically how I used google glass (plus, it's GPS was hands-down the best GPS experience...better than car-mounted HUDs and way better than any screen).

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
I haven't pulled the trigger on a smartwatch yet. But, my wife loves hers Apple Watch.

Kaibab270

EDC Apprentice
I really like the look of Samsung's watches but I think if I were to spend $300 on a watch I'd probably get a nice analog first especially considering I've already got this Fitbit.

EZDog

EDC Master
If you use an iPhone then an Apple watch is a no brainer!
Its the only watch I really wear any more and when I take a day off from it I find myself looking at my watch any time my phone vibrates at all
I almost never look at the phone now unless dialing or reading something I already previewed on the watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charliefox

EDC Master
I had a first generation Apple Watch which worked fine until the face popped off- a common malady with 1st Gen (the adhesive gives way after the heat of repeated charging degrades it) an it’s more expensive to repair than to replace. I love the concept and might upgrade to a newer one.