what pistol do you carry for personal defense

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
I've gone run about 150 rounds of both cheap and decent quality ammo through the LCP and haven't experienced any malfunctions. Hollow points and FMJ both feed just fine. I keep a light coat of oil on her at all times, but not to the point it would stain my jeans or anything.

Aiden528

EDC Apprentice
Somehow I managed to post my reply as a seperate topic, Sorry Mike. Currently my daily carry pistol is a S&W 442 .38spl revolver, though while living in Florida I carried a fullsize XDm 9mm in a Galso FLETCH OWB holster when hiking. Right now I'm looking to buy a CZ 75D PCR compact 9mm, or if the price is right an XDm 3.8 Compact.

I prefer 9mm for the simple fact I can get practice ammo cheap and most high quality self-defense ammo is more than adequate for most anything I might have to defend myself against. I'm also a fan of the 10mm cartridge but until I start reloading I think a pistol or carbine in that caliber will have to wait.

RexHavoc

It all depends on what I'm doing.
Lately I've been lazy and only carrying my LCP which I've been in the process of "customizing or enhancing". So far I've added a stainless guide rod, 13 lb Wolff springs and a CT laser. Next on deck is increasing the mag capacity and sending out for sights. The plan was for it to be a BUG but lately it's been easier to just grab and go.
If I'm not working then, again lately, I carry a HK P2000sk LEM in .40 that I installed a HK45c mag release on. I usually carry it with a 12 round USPc mag and two reloads.
Some days I'll carry a series 1 Kimber, others a Kimber Tactical Ultra with Tripp Cobra mags.
If I'm working it'll either be a SIG 229 DHS or SAS in .40 with the DAK trigger system.

Andromitto

1911 Colt Officer's Model 1911 in a Strong 'First Chance' holster or a Walther ppk/s (Original, not a Smith/Wesson remake) in a custom leather shoulder rig. Ammo is the same for both in their respective calibers, Winchester SXT's