What wallet do you use?

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
Last week I was pick pocketed while out on Bourbon street, so I'm having to get a new wallet. Living in a dodgy town, I have always kept my personal items to a bare minimum in case I'm mugged or robbed. He only got my id, health insurance, CCW and one credit card.

Anyways, what wallet to get to replace my stolen one? I tend to have small wallets that ride in my front pocket and have been known to use a money clip. I found this offering and decided to give it a try. The Flipside company has 2 "wallets" they offer, both offering RFID protection. I chose the Strata. I'll offer my review once I receive and use it, but so far am sold on the concept

http://www.flipsidewallet.com/store_flipside_strata.html

I've carried a pacsafe trifold for years and found it more and more bulgy..
Swapped totally to a Saddleback Bifold which - besides my skinny Spyderco being zipped into to pacsafe - carries nice upfront on my right. Just as grippy in the pocket and tactile to boot!
The spydy sits in the fifth pocket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servo per Amikeco

Phil The Brit

The British are coming!
Just a nice good quality leather wallet. I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to wallets, I carry all manner of stuff but I still like to have a traditional wallet.

In it I carry the usual cash, bank card, store loyalty cards, a few stamps, a few coins for parking, driving license, my Labour Party membership card and organ donor card.

BR101

EDC Master
I been carrying one of those jimi wallets for the last week. It's actually a big improvement over my freeby maxpedition wallet I got. Since all I carry is my drivers license and two CC's it's more practical for me to use something like that.

sghian

"This too shall pass"
I just ordered an X Slimmy from Koyono. I was using a Fossil Bi-fold but I was finding it bulky, I always carry in my front pocket.

I was eyeballing a Minimalist from Capsule, but it need to carry more cards than it can hold.

dmak

Staff member
Global Mod
So I've been using my flipside strata for a couple months now and have to say that I am in love with it. I can't go back to a standard wallet ever again. I get comments pretty much every time I go to a store checkout counter. The money clip works extremely well and the whole wallet comfortably rides in any of my pockets

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
dmak said:
So I've been using my flipside strata for a couple months now and have to say that I am in love with it. I can't go back to a standard wallet ever again. I get comments pretty much every time I go to a store checkout counter. The money clip works extremely well and the whole wallet comfortably rides in any of my pockets
How's it holding up to wear and tear? Do you find it easy to access your cards or is it awkward?

dmak

Staff member
Global Mod
So far its very durable and I've dropped it several times. It is painlessly easy to access my cards, by far the easiest and most secure I've ever had. Im convinced

I've always had a thin wallet since my chiropractor told me not to keep wallets in your back pocket (also it's a pickpocketer's favorite spot!). I never liked money clips either so i stuck to a basic bifold for years.

I bought one of those RFID card carrier wallets from a department store back around Christmas and it literally crushed a month later. I've recently gotten into the "plate" type wallets though i was hesitant. It just seemed like having a hunk of metal in your front pocket was uncomfortable. I found this wallet on a site a couple of weeks back and it's now my new favorite wallet. http://trayvax.com/ I can attach it to my keys, ID lanyard and it can even open a bottle of beer..nuff said!

The only draw back is that you have to loosen it up and shuffle through your cards to get what you want. I'd also like to see some kind of multitool imbedded into it (similiar to the business card survival tool?). There's several other models out there that i've seen (obstructables i believe?). Maybe this will be the new money clip?

So I ordered a pad & quill Little notebook thinking it would help me consolidate stuff. Tried it for a month. In my opinion...GREAT quality though a bit bulky for my taste/purposes. I carry 2 ID's, a debit, and a credit card with some back up cash for travelling (which I do a lot of to less developed areas: OCONUS) the ID I frequently have to remove from my wallet made this thing a bit of a pain and the cash was definitely not easily stored. In order to carry cash it has to be tri-folded which makes it very thick for any pocket.

Overall, a high quality item that might great for a few folks.