What wallet do you use?

Pointman

EDC Scholar
AirportWes said:
I've always had a thin wallet since my chiropractor told me not to keep wallets in your back pocket (also it's a pickpocketer's favorite spot!). I never liked money clips either so i stuck to a basic bifold for years.

I bought one of those RFID card carrier wallets from a department store back around Christmas and it literally crushed a month later. I've recently gotten into the "plate" type wallets though i was hesitant. It just seemed like having a hunk of metal in your front pocket was uncomfortable. I found this wallet on a site a couple of weeks back and it's now my new favorite wallet. http://trayvax.com/ I can attach it to my keys, ID lanyard and it can even open a bottle of beer..nuff said!

The only draw back is that you have to loosen it up and shuffle through your cards to get what you want. I'd also like to see some kind of multitool imbedded into it (similiar to the business card survival tool?). There's several other models out there that i've seen (obstructables i believe?). Maybe this will be the new money clip?
I really like that design...i wonder if it still is holding up?

TARFU

Founding Member of The Everyday Carry League
Pointman said:
AirportWes said:
I've always had a thin wallet since my chiropractor told me not to keep wallets in your back pocket (also it's a pickpocketer's favorite spot!). I never liked money clips either so i stuck to a basic bifold for years.

I bought one of those RFID card carrier wallets from a department store back around Christmas and it literally crushed a month later. I've recently gotten into the "plate" type wallets though i was hesitant. It just seemed like having a hunk of metal in your front pocket was uncomfortable. I found this wallet on a site a couple of weeks back and it's now my new favorite wallet. http://trayvax.com/ I can attach it to my keys, ID lanyard and it can even open a bottle of beer..nuff said!

The only draw back is that you have to loosen it up and shuffle through your cards to get what you want. I'd also like to see some kind of multitool imbedded into it (similiar to the business card survival tool?). There's several other models out there that i've seen (obstructables i believe?). Maybe this will be the new money clip?
I'd be curious also. It seems two or three of these are popping up on Kickstarter at any given point in time. But the one pictured above looks like a great design. A wallet that can open a beer? Brilliant!

Pointman

EDC Scholar
TARFU said:
Pointman said:
AirportWes said:

I'd be curious also. It seems two or three of these are popping up on Kickstarter at any given point in time. But the one pictured above looks like a great design. A wallet that can open a beer? Brilliant!
I'll be ordering a few real soon (for me, my wife, brother, and brother in law)...it will be interesting to get feedback from them since we all carry different things.

nr73

EDC Scholar
I use both of these depending on the situation.

The first is a WOLYT by Loft of Cambie. Very very nicely made, with a nifty pull-tab to lift out any cards in the main pocket. Extremely small form factor too.

This next one probably gets the most use though, it's a Secrid slimwallet. It's RFID safe for any cards in the aluminium holder, and again the tab on the lower side ejects the cards for fast easy access.

sk33tr

EDC Master
i carry a spec-ops t.h.e wallet. it's larger than a standard wallet, but it holds all my stuff very well. plus i never put it in my back pocket. it always either rides in my edc bag or in a cargo pocket.

i used to carry a nice fossil wallet with a removable id pouch. i liked it very much but it became too bulky with all my cards in it. so i upgraded to the t.h.e. wallet and couldn't be happier.

Devon Scout

EDC Apprentice
Thought I'd try a biker / trucker style wallet so got one of these.

Only a cheap one, basically I wanted to see if the style suited me. Most of my other wallets have been smaller bi or tri fold. So far do good, I like the style and most of all the space inside for cards etc.