What's your EDC Eyewear of choice?

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
For EDC eyewear I'm partial to Oakley styles, such as the Half Jacket 2.0's or Flak Jackets, however I do rotate to less expensive models for certain tasks. What brands/styles does everyone else use?

Oakley Half Jacket 2.0

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
Coyote said:
Oakley Juliet. But I have been looking at Jawbones lately.
Jawbones are nice, but they're a bit too tall for my face. They're designed for cycling which is the reason for the tall lens. But they do look great in when customized.

Coyote

Only Believe
So far I have only been internet shopping. I always go try them on first before I buy (learned the hard way buying Solar Bats on line and they didn't fit my face right), so if they are too large like you say, I'll pass them up. The customization option IS cool, though!!!

Six

Don't play stupid with me.....I'm better at it
We are apparently an Oakley family. I go back and forth between the Monster Dogs and the Doggles, but I have a habit of crushing them from time to time :( Six Smash!! :mad: (on accident of course)

Attachments

onelooneyzeta

Death before Dishonor
I rock a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets. Have had them for close to 5 years. Which is a record for me. They look very similar to the Half Jackets that Mike put up, but I replaced the lenses with orange iridium's. Long story short, not long after purchasing them they were ran over and I was able to put them back together with ease but the original lenses were creased.

Six

onelooneyzeta said:
I rock a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets. Have had them for close to 5 years. Which is a record for me. They look very similar to the Half Jackets that Mike put up, but I replaced the lenses with orange iridium's. Long story short, not long after purchasing them they were ran over and I was able to put them back together with ease but the original lenses were creased.
Wow, kudos on keeping them for close to 5 years. I'm happy if I can keep a pair for 5 months, 5 years would constitute a ceremony of something. 8) <----Like this smiley, he'll break those glasses in a couple weeks or so.

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
XDSteve said:
Due to my 4XL cranium I cant wear any of the good brands, none of them fit...Yes I said 4XL...lol
XDSteve you may want to take a look at the Edge Kazbek XL Ballistic Sunglasses as they are designed to fit big heads. We get tons of positive feedback on them . www.safetyglassesusa.com/kazbek-xl.html

EDCP-MIKE

Administrator
Staff member
Charter Member
onelooneyzeta said:
I love Flak Jackets as well. I have a pair of MLB's with Detroit Tigers colors and a pair done up in our high school colors.

onelooneyzeta

Death before Dishonor
Six said:
onelooneyzeta said:
Wow, kudos on keeping them for close to 5 years. I'm happy if I can keep a pair for 5 months, 5 years would constitute a ceremony of something. 8) <----Like this smiley, he'll break those glasses in a couple weeks or so.
I think this pair of glasses and I have some kind of bond. Especially after getting them ran over. I love them.

Cool pic Bro! (knife in mouth) haahaaa! Like I told Mike, I have to get the tinted safety glasses in a box by the dozen for like $2 a piece. I am extremely hard on sunglasses. I have had a pair of Oakley's at one time, the last time I will spend $125 for a pair of sunglasses!

Six

Been eyeing the Oakley Jawbones alot lately. I am gonna pull the trigger on a pair soon. I like how easily you can change the lenses. So get some tinted for the day and some amber lenses for the range or night driving. Also like the fact that they look top notch, Oakley never disappoints 8)

dmak

into the wild i go, let fortune assist the daring
Staff member
Global Mod
I have too many sunglasses to even begin to list, but I find that i wear the same pair everyday. For the last 6 monthes I've worn a pair of Maui Jim's and couldn't be happier. My shooting glasses are the army edition Oakley gas cans with amber HD lenses